Suicide victims to be remembered
CANDLELIGHT VIGIL: The National Survivors of Suicide Awareness Day will be observed with the 19th annual candlelight vigil 6 p.m. Saturday at the Warren Reach Center, 2609 Weir Road, Howland. The event is in memory of loved ones who died by suicide. Anyone who has lost a loved one to suicide is welcome and encouraged to bring photos or signs. For information, call 211 at 1-800-427-3606, Mary at 330-307-8231 or Dan at 330-553-4635.
VOLLEY FOR A CURE: The Trumbull County Board of Developmental Disabilities Wellness Committee will host its annual Volley for a Cure fundraiser at 5 p.m.Thursday in the Fairhaven School gymnasium, 420 Lincoln Way, Niles. All proceeds raised from the event will benefit The Hope Center for Cancer Care in Howland. Entrance to the event costs $1. Community members can participate in the event by signing up to play on an existing team or putting together their own team. TCBDD staff members and their families will also be playing in the event. To purchase a T-shirt or luminary, contact Cathy at 330-652-5811. T-shirts and luminaries will also be available for purchase the day of the event. To join a team, please email Brenda Garland at BrendaGarland@tcbdd.org. For information on Trumbull County Board of Developmental Disabilities, visit www.fairhavenpgm.com.
CHRISTMAS PAST: Memories of Christmas Past opens Saturday and runs through Jan. 7 at the Arms Family Museum in Youngstown. The museum is open noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday and noon to 7 p.m. Thursdays. The display features pieces from the historical society’s collection as well as items on loan from private collectors. Proceeds from the event help fund the educational and exhibit programs sponsored by the Mahoning Valley Historical Society. For the 10th anniversary of Memories of Christmas Past, the museum’s holiday exhibit designer, Anthony Worrellia, plans to bring back a “best of” the past nine years. The museum is closed Mondays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year’s Day. For information, visit www.memoriesofchristmaspast.com or call 330-743-2589.
NEIGHBORHOOD MEETING: The Northwest Neighborhood Association monthly meeting is 6:30 p.m. Monday at Grace United Methodist Church on Drexel Ave. NW, Warren. Speakers will be Mayor Doug Franklin and Safety Service Director Enzo Cantalamessa.
MADRIGAL EVENT: The Lakeview High School Madrigal and Advanced Women’s Choirs will hold the 34th annual Madrigal Feast and Concert. The event, under the direction of Bonnie Chronister, is held in the Lakeview High School cafeteria, which is transformed into a medieval castle filled with candlelight, musicians in period costumes and festive food catered by DiLucia’s. Performances will be held 6 p.m. Dec. 2 and 3:30 p.m. Dec. 3. Advanced reservations are required. Tickets can be purchased for $20 per person by completing and mailing a reservation form located on the Lakeview Local Schools website, www.lakeviewlocal.org.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Write to Recover — 10 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Gamblers Anonymous 12-Step fellowship — 7:30 p.m. Christ Church Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Cornersburg. 330-505-5060.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330 856-3822.
Send items to: Seeing Eye, Tribune Chronicle, 240 Franklin St. SE, Warren, OH 44483.