Rotary auction to be Thursday
62ND ANNUAL EVENT: Hubbard Rotary Club will hold the 62nd annual auction 5 p.m. Thursday at Roosevelt School gymnasium, Orchard Avenue. The auction begins at 6 p.m. with George Roman Auctioneers. There also will be raffles.
The yearly fundraiser supports the Hubbard community van, which is replaced every seven or eight years.
To donate, call 330-360-6603.
ASAP ORIENTATION: Alliance for Substance Abuse will hold a new-membership orientation 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at 4076 Youngstown Road, Suite 201, Warren. There are four seats still available.
Nick Ceglia will lead the group through ASAP history, the basics of addiction and the overall goals and mission of the ASAP Opiate Task Force. Lunch will be provided.
LIONS CLUB TO MEET: The Howland Lions Club will meet 7 p.m. Wednesday at Shepherd of the Valley, 4100 N. River Road, in the chapel room. Local residents 18 and older may attend to see what Lions Club charter will mean and the service it will provide.
For information, contact Bob Whited at 330-792-7907 or firstname.lastname@example.org
READING ALOUD: The Practice of Interactive Read Alouds, the fourth in an ongoing educational workshop series hosted by We Are Warren and Eastern Ohio Educational Partnership, will be 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Kent State at Trumbull Technology, Building Room 117. The program is a systematic method of reading a book aloud, a tool used in many school districts.
The event is free. To register visit www.eoepartnership.org.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St. Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
• Someplace Safe — 1540 Tod Ave., Warren, 330-393-3005.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Youngstown Executive Toastmasters — 6:45 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley, 301 Western Reserve Road, Boardman. www.speakingclub.org.
• Youngstown Toastmasters Executive 408 — 6:40 p.m., Adamas Square, 8131 Market St., Boardman.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Leavittsburg Church of God, 610 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg. 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Monday Night Miracles — 7 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Hubbard HOW — 7:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 1815 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.
• Howland High School Class of 1957 — 4 p.m., Perkins Restaurant, Elm Road, Warren. Beverly, 330-716-4439. Spouses welcome.
• The Landing — 6 p.m., celebrate recovery program for teens, Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• The Weigh Inn — weigh-in 5 to 6 p.m., meeting 6:15 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St. 330-652-9098.