Robotics group sets mower care fundraising event
Girard High School FIRST Robotics Team #379 Robocats will hold a lawn mower maintenance and winterization Saturday at Girard High School, rear parking lot, 1244 Shannon Road. Team members and mentors will clean the mowers, change the oil, sharpen and balance the blades, and add fuel stabilizer. Mowers can be dropped off 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and owners will be called when the mowers are available for pickup. The charge is $40. A pick-up and delivery service is also available for $45. Proceeds will benefit the Girard FIRST Robotics team and the Intermediate School and Jr. High LEGO League teams.
To schedule a pick up, call Ashraf Hadi at 330-545-5431, Ext. 130.
SENIOR SCAMS: Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, will hold a presentation on Trumbull County Senior Services and senior scams 11 a.m. Wednesday. The program will provide information on senior services available in the area and a presentation on scams and how to avoid being scammed. Call 330-924-0412.
COOKIE STAND: The sixth annual Cocoa and Cookie Stand will be 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday at 501 Zedaker St., Youngstown. The event is being organized by 10-year-old Tyler and his mother Amber to benefit children who are less fortunate. Both cash donations and new toys will be accepted. Visit https://www.facebook.com/TylersCocoaAndCookieStand/.
OPEN HOUSE: Harriet Taylor Upton House, Mahoning Avenue, Warren, will hold a Christmas open house 6 to 8 p.m. Friday. Each room will be decorated for the holiday season by members of the association.
STORYTIME FRIEND: A storytime with Mrs. Claus will be 1 to 2:30 p.m. Dec. 9, 3:30 to 5 p.m. Dec. 10 and 2:30 to 4 p.m. Dec. 11 at the Harriet Taylor Upton House in Warren. Reservations are required by Thursday by calling 330-360-0901 or email email@example.com. There will be a photo with Mrs Claus, a craft and refreshments.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. Call 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard. Call 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St. Call 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 220 W. Market St., Warren. Call 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.