NAACP plans to meet Saturday
GATHERING AT TCAP: The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Warren-Trumbull Branch will meet 11:30 a.m. Saturday at TCAP, 1230 Palmyra Road, Warren, for the monthly meeting. The annual scholarship event will be 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Dec. 2 at TCAP.
THANKSGIVING GATHERING: A community Thanksgiving gathering will be 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday at STEAM Academy, 261 Elm Road NW, Warren. The event will include free food, music, guest cooks and networking opportunities.
TCTC OFFERS INSTRUCTION: Volleyball Coaches School will be held at Trumbull Career and Technical Center in conjunction with the Adult Training Center. There will be 20 hours of interaction instruction. Classes start March 6 and meet every Tuesday and Thursday for five weeks.
For more information and registration, call TCTC at 330-847-0503.
ALUMNI BANQUET TODAY: Trumbull Regional Medical Center’s Center for Joint Replacement Alumni Banquet will be held 6 p.m. today at Dilucia’s Banquet Facility, 2610 Elm Road NE, Warren. The Center for Joint Replacement will recognize more than 200 of its patients and their support coaches. The evening celebrates the patients’ successful rehabilitation after their joint replacement surgery.
Guests will enjoy a gala buffet, a selection of pieces from classical violinist Sofia Ayres-Aronson and an arrangement of melodies from the Lakeview High School Madrigal Choir under the direction of Bonnie Chronister.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Cancer Caregiver Support Group Trumbull County — 6 to 8 p.m. St. Mary’s Church, 3504 Main St. (state Route46) Mineral Ridge. Joyce, 330-652-0071.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Austintown Never Alone Nar-Anon Group — 7 p.m. upstairs at the Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. 330 207-0845.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis Club — noon, Enzo’s, Elm Road, Warren.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — weigh-in, 9:15 a.m., Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
• Parkinson Support Group of Trumbull County — 1:30 p.m., Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road, Howland. 330-856-4286.
• Dual-Diagnosis Connections support group, 6 to 7 p.m., Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. Call 330-727-9268 or email email@example.com.
• Niles Kiwanis — noon, Hometown Buffet, Eastwood Mall complex, Niles.
• PERI monthly meeting — 11:15 a.m., DiLucia’s Restaurant, 2610 Elm Road NE, Warren. 330-372-2603.
• Fourth Ward Girard Block Watch — 5 p.m. at the Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., Girard.
Send items to: Seeing Eye, Tribune Chronicle, 240 Franklin St. SE, Warren, OH 44483.