Mespo to hold annual display of yule trees
The Mesopotamia Historical Association is holding its themed Christmas Tree Display from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday and Dec. 8, 9, 15 and 16 at the historical hall, state Route 534. Craft bazaar and rummage sale. Admission is free and cookies and candy will be available. For information, call or text 440-693-4467.
RETIREES MEET TODAY: St. Joseph Warren Hospital retiree’s group will meet at 9:30 a.m. today at Wayside restaurant in Champion. Please remember to bring a non-perishable donation for the food bank.
GREENE COOKIE EVENT; The Greene Historical Society will hold its annual Christmas cookie sale starting 9 a.m. Saturday at the township hall. Cookies are $3.50 a dozen unless marked. The Greene Community Christmas will be held 6 p.m. Sunday at the Greene Nazarene Church.
FRIENDS TO MEET: The Friends of the Austintown Library will meet 10 a.m. today at the library, 600 S. Raccoon Road. The Friends will continue honoring veterans of the United States Armed Forces. Speaker is retired Navy Captain Nick Pacalo of North Lima, who will share stories of his 25 years as a Navy pilot in Vietnam and fights during the Cold War. The program is free to the public. The Friends will be selling membership tickets and also holiday luncheon.
LIBRARY GROUP: Hubbard Friends of the Library will meet 6 p.m. today at the library’s main meeting room. Discussion will include the book sale and memberships. For information call Bonnie at 330-534-1394.
CENTER DEADLINE: Emmanuel Community Care Center will hold Christmas signups through Friday. Families who are registered at the center can call and register children age birth to 12. The center will distribute items 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 12. Any individual or group interested in adopting a family or a child for Christmas can call 330-545-4301 by Dec. 7.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St. Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
•Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
•First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
•Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
•Someplace Safe — 1540 Tod Ave., Warren, 330-393-3005.
•Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
•Youngstown Executive Toastmasters — 6:45 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley, 301 Western Reserve Road, Boardman. www.speakingclub.org.
• Youngstown Toastmasters Executive 408 — 6:40 p.m., Adamas Square, 8131 Market St., Boardman.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Leavittsburg Church of God, 610 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg. 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Monday Night Miracles — 7 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Hubbard HOW — 7:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 1815 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.
• The Landing — 6 p.m. celebrate recovery program for teens, Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group — 6 p.m., Boardman Park, Georgeanna Parker Administrative Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road, Boardman. Lisa Altman, licensed social worker, 330-759-9487.
•The Weigh Inn — weigh-in 5 to 6 p.m., meeting 6:15 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St. 330-652-9098.