Liberty police collecting food
FILL-A-CRUISER: Liberty Police Department is hosting its sixth annual ”Fill-A-Cruiser” food drive 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Churchill Commons Giant Eagle, 4700 Belmont Ave., Liberty. Members are collecting nonperishable food items, personal care products and cash donations for needy families. All products will be distributed by Second Harvest Food Bank.
If you cannot attend the event, donations are being accepted at the Liberty Police Department, 1315 Churchill Hubbard Road, by Monday. For information, call 330-759-1315.
GROCERY DISTRIBUTION: Deliverance Temple Church, 1849 West Ave. NW, Warren, in conjunction with Youngstown Community Food Center, will hold a grocery distribution 1 p.m. today at the church. Those needing items must bring state issued photo identification and utility bill.
CHRISTMAS MEMORIES: ”Memories of Christmas Past” opens at The Arms Family Museum Saturday. Visitors who bring canned goods in support of Project Feed Our Valley, will receive half price admission. The food drive will continue Sunday and again over Thanksgiving weekend Nov. 24 to 26. Memories of Christmas Past opens Saturday and runs through Jan. 7. Hours are noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday to Sunday and noon to 7 p.m. Thursday. The museum is closed Mondays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
HOLIDAY DINNER: Chestnut Ridge Church of God, 7215 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard, will host a free Thanksgiving dinner 4 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday. For information, call 330-534-0084.
GOING TO DOGS: The “Going To The Dogs 5” quarter raffle fundraiser will be 5 p.m. Thursday at Youngstown Saxon Club, 710 Meridian Road. The event is to raise money for needy dogs in Trumbull and Mahoning counties. There will be over 80 prizes, gift baskets, gift cards and door prizes. Raffle begins 6 p.m. The fundraiser is a project of All About The Paws and The Volunteers of the Trumbull County Dog Pound and Community. For information or tickets, call 330-507-2584 or email FundraisingQuarterAuction@yahoo.com.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m. Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424.
• Cancer Caregiver Support Group Trumbull County — 6 to 8 p.m. St. Mary’s Church, 3504 Main St., Mineral Ridge. Call Joyce at 330-652-0071.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m. Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m. USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m. Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m. Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m. Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m. Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. Call 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m. New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group, First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave NW, Warren. Call 330-759-9487.
• Brookfield Historical Society — 9 a.m. township hall. Call 330-448-6828.
• Ohio Star Quilters — 9 a.m. Howland SCOPE Senior Center in Howland. Call Sandy O’Malley at 330-898-3151.
• Austintown Never Alone Nar-Anon Group — 7 p.m. Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown, a 12-step program. Call 330-207-0845.
• Champion Knights of Columbus Council 7491 — 7 p.m. St. William Rectory Office, 5431 Mahoning Ave.
• McDonald Community Chest — 7 p.m. McDonald Community Room, post office building, 500 Ohio Ave., McDonald.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m. 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Alzheimer’s Family Support Group –10 a.m. Easter Seal Day Center, 155 S. Park Ave., Warren. Call 330-533-3300 or 800-441-3322.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• United Steelworkers of America Republic Steel, LTV and WCI retirees Local 1375, 2 p.m. 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.