Hear stories of local residents
BROOKFIELD HOLDS CEMETERY WALK: Brookfield Historical Society will hold a cemetery walk 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the township cemetery off Route 7. Society members dressed in costume will present stories about residents buried in the cemetery and those who died too soon and others who served the community well. Cider and doughnuts will be available at the chapel. Enter at the pillar entrance and park in the back and gather at the chapel.
BENEFIT TO HELP: Women United will host the third annual ”Night of Movin and Groovin” 7 to 11 p.m. Nov. 10 at DeYor Performing Arts Center, 260 W. Federal St., Youngstown. All proceeds from the event will benefit the United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley’s Success After 6 initiative that provides wrap around services to children and their families in Youngstown and Girard. There will be dancing, Power of Purse auction and food. Women United is a group made up of more than 200 women who donate their time to United Way initiatives such as young women’s mentorship. The group also volunteers for various nonprofits.
BRISTOL HOLDS AUCTION: Bristol Elementary School will hold a chance auction 5 p.m. Nov. 10. Drawing is 7 p.m. The event will include concessions, 50-50, bake sale and visit from Swift the Clown.
ESCAPE AT LIBRARY: Warren-Trumbull County Public Library, 444 Mahoning Ave. NW, will hold an Escape Room for teens noon to 4 p.m. Saturday. Solve puzzles and find the key to escape before time runs out. Sign up for a time slot as a group with friends or family, or sign up on your own to be placed in a group with other participants. Registration is required by calling 330-399-8807 ext. 200.
“GO PURPLE”: Continuing Healthcare Solutions communities in the area are hosting “Go Purple” during November, Alzheimer’s Awareness Month. During November, donate $1 and wear purple to help support a cure for Alzheimer’s disease. Healthcare Solutions communities include Autumn Hills Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation and Assisted Living, Niles; Victoria House Assisted Living (Fridays only), Austintown; Vista Center at the Ridge, Mineral Ridge; The Manor at Autumn Hills Assisted Living (Fridays only), Niles.
• NAR-ANON, a 12 step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs, 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren. For more information call Bill at 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Reformers Unanimous — 7 p.m., 2111 Sodom Hutchings Road, Vienna, a Christ-centered addiction abstinence program. 330-509-0001 or 330-720-2463.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance 12-step meeting, 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren. For information, call 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• Hillside Stroke Support Group — 2:30 p.m., boardroom. Cindy, 330-841-3891.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery– 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 S. High St., Cortland.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.