Church plans Christmas extravaganza
OLD-FASHIONED CHRISTMAS: Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren, is hosting the annual Old-Fashioned Christmas Extravaganza 5 to 8 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Featured will be crafts, gifts, basket raffles and a bake sale. There are free coffee and cookies Friday.
NILES CALENDARS: The Niles Historical Society is selling 2018 calendars with the theme “Recreation in Niles in the Past.” It features pictures of Waddell Pool, McKinley Theater, Handy Andy and other sites of bygone days.
They may be ordered by calling 330-652-8329 or bought at the monthly open houses of the Ward-Thomas mansion, 503 Brown St., from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday and Dec.3.
RAFFLE TO BENEFIT ANIMALS: Trap-Nueter-Release of Warren will hold a raffle noon to 3 p.m. Sunday at the Christ Episcopal Church hall, 2627 Atlantic St., Warren. Among prizes will be a handmade cat quilt valued at $1,500.
Anyone who would like to donate a prize may call 330-330-8166.
HISTORICAL SOCIETY SPEAKER: Trumbull County Historical Society will host speaker Traci Manning of the Mahoning Valley Historical Society 2 p.m. Sunday at the John Stark Edwards House, 303 Monroe St NW, Warren. Her topic will be “David Tod and the Civil War.”
SUPPORT GROUP: The Hillside Stroke Support Group will meet 2:30 p.m. Thursday in the boardroom. Speaker Don Hyde from the Senior Levy Services will discuss fraud.
For more information, contact Cindy at 330-841-3891.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group — 1 to 3 p.m., Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administrative Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road, Youngstown. Lisa Altman, social worker, 330-759-9487.
• Ohio Star Quilters — 9 a.m., the first, third and fourth Wednesdays of the month, Howland SCOPE Senior Center in Howland. Sandy O’Malley, 330-898-3151.
• Austintown Never Alone Nar-Anon Group — 7 p.m. Wednesdays, upstairs at the Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. 330-207-0845.
• Champion Knights of Columbus Council 7491 — 7 p.m., St. William Rectory Office, 5431 Mahoning Ave., Champion.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Alzheimer Assistance and Referral Network Support Group — 10 a.m., Easter Seals, 155 S. Park Ave., Warren. 330-788-9755 or 866-822-2102.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — weigh-in, 9:15 a.m., Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
• Niles Kiwanis — noon, Hometown Buffet, Eastwood Mall complex, Niles.
Send items to Seeing Eye, Tribune Chronicle, 240 Franklin St. SE, Warren, OH 44483.