Vienna group sets chili cookoff
NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH: The Vienna Neighborhood Watch will hold a chili cookoff and dessert bake-off 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the Vienna fire station.
Chili and dessert donations are needed by 2 p.m. Chili judging begins at 3:30 p.m. in four categories. There will be a 50-50 and basket raffle.
For information, call Michele at 330-609-6864.
SCARING AWAY HUNGER: Kindergarten classes at Currie Elementary in Fowler are “Scaring Away Hunger.” Students’ scarecrows with items donated from the kindergarten families will be part of White House Fruit Farms Scare Away Hunger Contest, which takes place Thursday to Oct. 23. Each canned good a visitor donates earns one vote for the title of best scarecrow.
All proceeds will be donated to the local food pantry.
The kindergarten classes will be visiting White House Fruit Farms later this month.
HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION: A seasonal household hazardous waste collection will be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesdays at the Geauga-Trumbull Solid Waste District, 5138 Enterprise Blvd., Warren. There will also be collections 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesdays through Oct. 25.
Items accepted include oil, paint / solvents, propane tanks, microwaves, television and computer monitors, and other items. For information, call 330-675-2672 or 800-707-2673.
TRASH AND TREASURE SALE: Girard Historical Society will hold a trash and treasure sale Friday to Sunday at Barnhisel House in Girard. Proceeds from the event benefit the upkeep the house and special projects throughout the year.
Call 330-539-5772 for information.
NILES CHURCH EVENT: Niles Methodist Church, Crandon Avenue, will hold a garage, attic and basement sale 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. Saturday is $2-a-bag day.
BOOK SALES: Hubbard Friends of the Library will hold a book sale Wednesday to Saturday at the library, 436 W. Liberty St. Preview night is 5 to 7:45 p.m. Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. Thursday, and 9 a.m.to 4:45 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Saturday is $2-a-bag day.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 220 W. Market St., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Co-dependency and Grief — 7 p.m. Tuesdays, Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Support group for those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse. 330-534-1952.
• American Legion Post 700 — 6:15 p.m., Howland American Legion Post 700, 8273 High St. NE, Howland.
• Minute by Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion, First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.