Talk to recall rural Trumbull County
FRIDAY MEETING: The Trumbull County Food and Agriculture committees will meet 8 a.m. Friday at Gustavas Federated Church, corner of state Routes 193 and 87. Speaker is John Parker, retired from several positions with the Ohio State University Extension Service, who will discuss rural Trumbull County and what is was like back in the 1930s, ’40s, ’50s and ’60s, compared with today. Memories from those at the event will be a part of the talk.
The programs provide information of interest to both rural and urban residents and all are welcome. Reservations are not needed.
LIBRARY BOOK SALE: Friends of the McKinley Memorial Library will hold a book sale 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday in the McKinley auditorium in downtown Niles.
OKTOBERFEST IN WARREN: Warren Flea and Farmers Market will hold the annual Oktoberfest on Saturday one block south of Courthouse Square, Warren. There will be family activities, prizes and food. Pumpkin decorating and fidget spinner contests, plus face painting, are just some of the highlights scheduled that day. Business owners and non-profit groups are invited to set up and showcase their goods and services. Food vendors must call ahead for reservations. Free parking and free admission.
FARMERS MARKET: Warren Farmers Market will be held 3 to 6 p.m. Saturday at Quinby Park, 525 Austin Ave.
CRAFT SHOW: First Community Church of Leavittsburg, 4640 W. Market St., Leavittsburg, will hold a craft show 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Free admission. Proceeds to benefit the church building fund.
MASTER GARDENERS: Trumbull County Master Gardeners will hold their final program 6 p.m. Wednesday at Trumbull County Agriculture Center, 520 W. Main St., Cortland. The program is ”Winterizing the Garden.” Call 330-307-6422.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211.
• Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• NAMI Family Support Group — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Girard Free Library, 330-584-9213.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — promote aftercare following incarceration, 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, email@example.com or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5:15 p.m., meeting at 5:45 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Canfield Niles Road, Austintown. 330-759-4737.
Send items to: Seeing Eye, Tribune Chronicle, 240 Franklin St. SE, Warren, OH 44483.