Native American artifacts on display
FALL HARVEST EVENT: North Bloomfield Historical Society will host the annual fall harvest event 6 p.m. Wednesday at North Bloomfield town hall. Local Native American artifacts owned by Kevin Morris will be on display. He will be on hand to answer questions about the items and where they were discovered. No cost for the event with table service provided.
HISTORIC HOME OPEN: The Moss Ancestral Home, 1499 Burnett St., Mineral Ridge, is holding an open house 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday. The Mineral Ridge Historical Society showcases items in the house and conducts tours.
TRUNK OR TREAT: Pricetown United Methodist Church, 4640 Pritchard-Ohltown Road, Newton Falls, will hold a trunk or treat for children from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday.
SCOUTS JAMBOREE: Local Boy Scouts will take part in Jamboree-on-the-Air Oct. 20 to 22 at the Great Trail Council’s Camp Stambaugh, 3712 Leffingwell Road, Canfield. The event is held annually the third full weekend in October. JOTA uses amateur radio to link scouts and hams around the world. The Mahoning Valley Amateur Radio Association will be at Camp Stambaugh’s Brown Pavilion Oct. 21 and will have antennas in the air and radios working by 9 a.m., and will have a special call sign for this event. Scouts will be completing requirements for various awards in all of the programs of scouting. For information, call Nathan at 330-533-4538.
OKTOBERFEST IN CORTLAND: The Love Life Foundation and Cortland Lions Club will hold the Cortland Oktoberfest Satuday and Sunday along Main Street. The two-day family-oriented festival will include arts and crafts, a chili cookoff, 5K and 10K fun walk, Chinese auction, basket raffle, food and entertainment. Hours are 9 a.m.to 5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. The chili cookoff is Sunday. Visit cortlandoktoberfest.com
POLKA MASS: A Polka Mass will be 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at Hubbard St. Patrick Church, 225 N. Main St., sponsored by Youngstown St. Joseph the Provider School. The celebrant will be Fr. Michael Swierz. Music will be provided by Jack Vasko Band. There also will be a dinner. All proceeds benefit the children at St. Joseph the Provider School.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211.
• Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — promote aftercare following incarceration, 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren.
• Messies Anonymous — 7 to 8:30 p.m., Unity Centre, 1226 Naylor Lloyd Road, Girard. Pam, 330-544-4846.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, email@example.com or www.namimv.org
• NAMI Connection — 6 p.m., D&E Center, 142 Javit Court, Austintown. 330-531-7490, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5:15 p.m., meeting at 5:45 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Canfield Niles Road, Austintown. 330-759-4737.
• Divorce / Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group — 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman Canfield Road. 330-729-0127.
• Trumbull County Veterans Service Commission — 10 a.m. Paul E. Heltzel Community Room at the Trumbull County Veterans Service Commission, 253 E. Market St., Warren.