Haunted History Walk is Saturday in Weathersfield
IN THE PARK: The annual Haunted History Walk will be 7 p.m. Saturday at the Weathersfield community park, at the former middle school site off state Route 46.
TIPS FOR OFFICERS: The officers of Kinsman Township Police Department will be waiting tables 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday at the Times Square Restaurant, 8078 Main St., Kinsman. The officers will be working for tips, which will be used for the annual “Shop With a Cop” program. In December, officers will take local children to local businesses to shop for Christmas. The number of children who participate depends on the amount of money raised.
WALKING EXERCISES: Girard Recreation Department is offering a daily walking program 9 to 11 a.m. Monday to Thursday in the city gymnasium, 100 W. Main St. Participants should be residents of Girard.
MONTHLY GATHERING: The Trumbull County Republican Party will hold its monthly gathering 9 a.m. Saturday at the Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave. Central and Executive Committee meetings also will be held in conjunction with the breakfast.
SWEETEST DAY: A Sweetest Day dance featuring the big-band sounds of the Packard Band will be 7 to 9 p.m. today at Packard Music Hall, Warren.
TRUNK OR TREAT: Howland United Methodist Church will hold a trunk or treat 4:30 p.m. Sunday in the church parking lot, followed by a potluck.
APPLE BUTTER FESTIVAL: Lake Milton Presbyterian Church, 942 Grandview Road, Lake Milton, is holding its 15th annual Apple Butter Festival 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. The public can help stir the apple butter in a copper kettle over an open fire. There will be a bake sale. The church’s 300-recipe hardcover cookbook will be for sale.
FLAG PROJECT: The American flags on the King Graves Road bridge crossing state Route 11 will be back up on Make a Difference Day. Warren Junior Women’s League and Four Seasons Garden Club will be hanging new flags Oct. 28, replacing the flags that were removed for work to the safety fencing on the bridge or vandalized this summer. The King Graves road bridge adorned in American flags is dedicated to all the military men and women who served the country. Anyone interested in making a donation can send the donation to GFWC Ohio WJWL and mail to P.O. Box 428, Warren, OH 44482. “Place Flag Project” on the memo line of the check. Any questions, contact Becky at 330-637-9115.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211.
• Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m. every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — promote aftercare following incarceration, 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5:15 p.m., meeting at 5:45 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Canfield Niles Road, Austintown. 330-759-4737.
• Divorce / Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group — 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman Canfield Road. 330-729-0127.
• Trumbull County Veterans Service Commission — 10 a.m. Thursdays, the Paul E. Heltzel Community Room at the Trumbull County Veterans Service Commission, 253 E. Market St., Warren.