Four-leggers walk at Mosquito Lake
HOWL-O-WEEN: A Howl-O-Ween dog walk and costume contest parade will be held noon to 3 p.m. Sunday at Mosquito Lake Park’s dog park in Bazetta. Cutest, scariest and most original costumes will be awarded. Kent State University at Trumbull’s veterinary technology program will have a tent with activities.
Registration begins at noon.
SUPPORT GROUP MEETING: Fibromyalgia and / or Chronic Fatigue Support Group will meet 6:30 p.m. Monday at the First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren. For information, call 330-847-7001.
STUDENT OPEN HOUSE: River Gate High School, 458 Franklin St. SE, Warren, is holding a community open house for students from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Agencies in the community are invited to present their services to the students.
For information, contact Trish Bassett, Family Advocate at 330-647-6500.
VOICE OF DEMOCRACY: Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1090 of Warren is holding scholarship contests for area students.
The Voice of Democracy, for students in grades 9 to 12, will have the theme “American History: Our Hope for the Future.” Students must submit a typed copy and a three-to-five-minute speech on a CD or flash drive on the theme by Oct. 31.
Patriots Pen is for students in grades 6 to 8 with the theme “America’s Gift to My Generation.” The student must submit a typed 300- to 400-word essay on the theme by Oct. 31.
The Young American Creative Patriotic art contest is for students in grades 9 to 12. Artwork must be patriotic in theme on paper or canvas and must be submitted to the Post by March 31. Digital art and photography are not acceptable.
Entry forms are available from Post 1090 or the Auxiliary or by contacting Anna McGrath at 330-369-8008 or Gary Gutelius at 330-898-7533.
BYSTANDER PROGRAM: The YWCA of Youngstown in conjunction with YWCA of Warren will hold bystander intervention training from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Monday at the YWCA of Youngstown, 25 W. Rayen Ave. The training is to help individuals learn nonviolent principles to defuse tense situations.
The event is being held as part of Week Without Violence. For information, call Elise 330-746-6361, Ext. 109.
• NAR-ANON — 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, a 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill at 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Reformers Unanimous — 7 p.m., 2111 Sodom Hutchings Road, Vienna, a Christ-centered addiction abstinence program. 330-509-0001 or 330-720-2463.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance 12-step meeting, 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren. For information, call 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Warren-Trumbull County NAACP — 11 a.m., ACOP Building, 2051 Niles Road, Warren. 330-394-5942.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery– 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Warren Toastmaster Club — 9 a.m., Christ Church Episcopal, 2627 Atlantic St. NE, Warren. Ken, 330-373-6113.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 S. High St., Cortland.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.