Cemetery tour slated in Niles on Saturday
FREE EVENT: Local historian Wendell Lauth of Bristol will lead a tour of the Niles Union Cemetery 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday. As participants walk through the cemetery, they will hear stories about the life and death of several prominent Niles residents. Participants should meet at the cemetery chapel off the Niles-Cortland Road (Route 46) entrance. Registration for the free event can be made at 330-652-1704, Ext. 7212.
KEY CLUB TO HELP USO: ”USO Day” is being held today at the Warren G. Harding High School football game. The Warren G. Harding Key Club and members of the USO will be collecting nonperishable and personal care items, such as deodorant, soap, shampoo and razors, for military members from Northeast Ohio stationed overseas. The items can be left at the USO collection station under the stadium. The Key Club also will be collecting these items for the USO at the high school’s main office during regular school hours through Oct. 27. The collection is the club’s Make A Difference Day project.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS EVENT: Vicki Doe Fitness is hosting a “Healthy Heart, Healthy Living” event at the Avalon Inn and Resort, 9519 E. Market St., Warren beginning at 5:30 p.m. today and at 7 a.m. Saturday. The event includes a meet and greet jazz mixer and book signing, breakout educational sessions, Rise and Shine early morning exercise, and a luncheon. Celebrity doctor, cardiovascular surgeon and author Dr. William A. Cooper MD, “Dr. Coop” will be featured, speaking about how to achieve health and longevity. He will be available for the signing of his book “Heart Attack.” For information visit: www.vickidoefitness.com/eventsc/
REHEARSALS SET: Warren Civic Chorus ”Messiah” rehearsals will be held 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays in October and November at Blessed Sacrament Parish, 3023 Reeves Road, Warren. The chorus will perform 4 and 7 p.m. Dec. 3 at the church for the public.
BUILD A SCARECROW: A ”Build-a-Scarecrow” will be 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Liberty Library Branch, 415 Churchill-Hubbard Road. The event is free to the public. Individuals, families or group of friends can dress and stuff a scarecrow. The stuffing and frames will be provided and people can bring clothes, creativity and a scarecrow crew. Completed scarecrows will be on display at the library for customers to vote for their favorite and the winner will be announced Oct. 23 and awarded a surprise. After the winner is announced, participants may take the scarecrow they made home to use as a fall decoration. For all ages. To register, call 330-759-2589.
LIBRARIES CLOSED: The Warren-Trumbull County Public Library will be closed on Monday for Columbus Day. This includes the main library in Warren, all branch libraries, and Bookmobile and Homebound Library services.
• NAR-ANON, a 12 step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs, 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren. For more information call Bill at 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Reformers Unanimous — 7 p.m., 2111 Sodom Hutchings Road, Vienna, a Christ-centered addiction abstinence program. 330-509-0001 or 330-720-2463.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance 12-step meeting, 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren. For information, call 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• Hillside Stroke Support Group — 2:30 p.m., boardroom. Cindy, 330-841-3891.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery– 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 S. High St., Cortland.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.
Send items to: Seeing Eye, Tribune Chronicle, 240 Franklin St. SE, Warren 44483