Adoptions to be made ‘o-fishal’
ADOPTION MONTH: In recognition of National Adoption Month, Trumbull County Children Services in collaboration with Trumbull County Probate Court will celebrate National Adoption Day from 9 a.m. to noon Friday at the courthouse, 161 High St., Warren. This year’s theme is “O-Fish-ally Adopted.”
During the Trumbull County celebration, several families will be finalizing adoptions in front of Probate Judge James A. Fredericka. In addition to the adoption hearings, refreshments will be offered to all in attendance by the Warren Junior Women’s League / GFWC, and a balloon launch will take place outside the courthouse. The balloons will represent the thousands of waiting children across the nation.
For more information on adoption, call Children Services at 330-372-2010.
IDORA HISTORY: This fall, Jim and Toni Amey will share “The Idora Park Experience” with visitors to the Tyler History Center. Beginning Saturday, the Youngstown Foundation Community History Gallery will host a portion of the Ameys’ collection, including a car from the Baby Wildcat, a Tilt-A-Whirl car and signage, arcade games, posters, game prizes and souvenirs. The exhibit will remain open through February.
Visitors are invited to an open house noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Tyler History Center. Both the Idora Park exhibit and “The People of the Mahoning Valley: Stories of Identity and Innovation” will premiere on that day.
For more information, visit www.mahoninghistory.org or call 330-743-2589.
FALL BANQUET: The annual Champion Presbyterian Church Society fall banquet will be 6 p.m. Thursday at the church.
The society will introduce its newest membership tier, the memorial membership to honor loved ones posthumously. Roger Samuelson, a longtime school board member who passed this year, will be the first name added to the memorial membership plaque.
The society is asking attendees to bring an item of historical interest to share with the group.
RSVP to Babette Sisler at 330-979-3739 by today.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 220 W. Market St., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Co-dependency and Grief for those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse, 7 p.m. Tuesdays, Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Call 330-534-1952.
• Minute by Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion, First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.