HISTORICAL PROGRAM: The Cortland-Bazetta Historical Society will host Chris Klingemeir at their meeting 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Opera House, 152 Park Ave., Cortland. Klingemeir will speak on “American Furniture.”
Klingemier, known in Cortland as the owner of Sparkle Market, is also a noted historian and historic architecture expert. In addition to information about American furniture, he will field questions about older houses in the area.
The program is free, with parking at the rear of the building in the lot shared with the Cortland United Methodist Church on North High Street.
RIBBON CUTTING: The International Red Hat Society established 12 drop-off sites for donations for the victims of Hurricane Harvey in Texas and Hurricane Irma in Florida. A ribbon-cutting for the sites will be held 11 a.m. today at 1601 Motor Inn Drive, Liberty.
Items will be sorted today by volunteers from the Red Hatters and others. Donations needed are personal care items, blankets, trash bags, towels, paper towels, canned goods with good expiration dates and bottled water. Checks can also be made out to Salvation Army and Samaritan’s Purse.
COLLECTING FLAGS: Shepherd of the Valley is collecting torn and worn-out American flags that need to be retired. Flags will be delivered to a local veterans group for proper disposal.
Flags can be dropped off at any Shepherd of the Valley community between 8:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. daily, including 4100 North River Road, NE, Howland; 1500 McKinley Ave., Niles; and the corporate office, 5525 Silica Road, Austintown.
ROBOTICS TEAM PRESENTATION: The Girard High School FIRST Robotics Team will be presenting its work 3:30 p.m. today to the residents of Victoria House Assisted Living Facility in Austintown. This event is part of National Assisted Living Week.
APRON DISPLAY: Mother’s aprons will be on display at the Sutliff Museum on the second floor of the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library. The display includes vintage and handmande aprons. Hours are 3 to 6 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays and 1 to 4 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
BROOKFIELD TO MEET: Brookfield Historical Society will meet 7 p.m. Thursday at the Briceland Funeral Home. The program will include Bill Mottice, retired from American Red Cross, and Skip Cole, a retired Vietnam veteran, who will discuss a Ginny Kirsch painting dedicated in her memory.
HALL OF FAME: Howland Achievement Hall of Fame will introduce its fourth group of inductees Friday at the Howland-Poland football game. Formal dinner is 5:30 p.m. Saturday at DiLucia Banquet Center in Warren.
For tickets, call 330-856-2599 or 330-856-6219.
Nominations for prospective inductees are available at Howland schools website at www.howlandschools.com.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Cancer Caregiver Support Group Trumbull County — 6 to 8 p.m. St. Mary’s Church, 3504 Main St., Mineral Ridge. Joyce, 330-652-0071.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Austintown Never Alone Nar-Anon Group — 7 p.m., upstairs at the Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. 330 207-0845.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis Club — noon, Enzo’s, Elm Road, Warren.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — weigh-in, 9:15 a.m., Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
• Parkinson Support Group of Trumbull County — 1:30 p.m., Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road, Howland. 330-856-4286.
• Niles Kiwanis — noon, Hometown Buffet, Eastwood Mall complex, Niles.
• PERI monthly meeting — 11:15 a.m., DiLucia’s Restaurant, 2610 Elm Road NE, Warren. 330-372-2603.
• Fourth Ward Girard Block Watch — 5 p.m. at the Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., Girard.