Prescription disposal event to be Wednesday
OPERATION MEDICINE CABINET: Operation Empty Medicine Cabinet, a prescription drug disposal program, will be held 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday at Trumbull-Geauga Solid Waste Management District, 5138 Enterprise Drive, Warren. Medications accepted include: pills, capsules, patches, gels, powders, ointments, syrups, vitamins, inhalers and pet meds. Keep drugs in original containers or in sealed plastic bags. Medications not accepted: needles, syringes, lancets, thermometers, IV bags, aerosol cans, hydrogen peroxide, empty containers, illegal drugs.
SUMMER PHOTO CONTEST: Trumbull County Metroparks is holding public judging for the summer photo contest. The public can vote through 2 p.m. Friday. Vote by liking your favorite picture in the album. The highest-liked picture will win the contest. Visit https://www.facebook.com/pg/trumbullmetropark/photos/
SUPPORT GROUP TO MEET: The Hillside Stroke Support Group will meet 2 to 4 p.m. Thursday at the Nursing Classroom. Pharmacist Kathryn Rees will speak about common medications for stroke patients. All stroke survivors and family members are welcome. Call Cindy at 330-841-3891.
PATIO PALS: The Warren-Trumbull County Public Library will hold Patio Pals for children ages 6-12 at 4:30 p.m. Thursdays in September at the outdoor patio area on the library’s west side.
KINDERGARTEN READINESS: The Newton Falls Public Library will hold ”Kindergarten Ready,” for children entering kindergarten in fall 2018. The program is 11:15 a.m. on Mondays starting Sept. 11. Activities will strengthen skills such as letter recognition and cutting with scissors. Call or visit the library to register.
CURBSIDE PICKUP: The city of Niles will hold curbside pickup 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sept. 11-15 for up to 10 tires per household. Rims are OK but must be at the curb. Pickup schedule is 1st Ward Monday, 2nd Ward Sept. 12, 3rd Ward Sept. 13, 4th Ward Sept. 14 and all wards Sept. 15.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon.
• Tuesday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 220 W. Market St., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.