Clubs & Lodges
TOASTMASTERS TO MEET: The Warren Toastmasters Club will meet 9 to 11 a.m. today at Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic St. NE, Warren. For more information, contact Ken Shellito at 330-373-6113 or email Shellitoke@gmail.com.
CLUB MEETING: The Trumbull County Federated Democratic Women’s Club will meet 6 p.m. Monday at Perkins Restaurant, 1953 Niles Cortland Road, Niles. Warren Law Director Greg Hicks will be the guest speaker.
Membership chairwoman Diane Alejars will be collecting yearly dues. Members who are unable to attend are asked to mail their dues to her by Dec. 31. New members are welcome.
Cindy Gorse, president, will be informing the members on the status of the club’s annual card party Oct. 15. For more information, call 330-545-2023.
DANCE CLUB: The Niles Friendly Squares, a local square dance group dedicated to keeping alive the American art form of square dancing, will begin a new year of weekly square dance lessons. The introductory session will be 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday and will run through December. A second session begins Jan. 9. There is a fee per lesson. All the lessons and monthly dances are held at the Niles SCOPE Center, 14 E. State St.
To sign up for lessons or for more information, contact Gene or Frankie Hammond at 330-534-4426 or 330-506-3370.
GENEALOGY MEETING: The Trumbull County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogy Society will meet 10:15 a.m. Tuesday in the Thomas Meeting Room on the second floor of the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library, 444 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
Bill Stavana, a member of the Antique Tractor Club, will speak about the history of tractors. The program is open to all who enjoy history and researching famiy history.
GUILD MEETING: Youngstown Area Weavers Guild will hold its annual picnic 10 a.m. Wednesday in the large pavilion at Howland Park, 2000 Rosegarden Drive NE, Howland. Members will have a business meeting and discussion of year’s programs.
Bring a covered dish and place settings. Beverage and chicken will be provided. Bring show-and-tell, fair entries and something unusual that can be used in weaving.
Guests are welcome. Call 330-799-5836 or 330-544-9524 for information.
USA DANCE: USA Dance Youngstown-Warren will feature Waltz lessons and general dancing from 5 to 9 p.m. Sept. 17 at the Orthodox Center, 1025 N. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
The 5:30 p.m. intermediate / advance waltz lesson is being sponsored by Lynda McPhail, “A Time To Dance.”
For more information, visit www.usadance2015.com or at USA-Dance-Chapter-2015-Youngstown-Warren-OH on Facebook.
• Eight local dance studio’s groups have partnered with USA Dance to promote National Ballroom Week Celebration and Show Sept. 16 at The Eastwood Mall in Niles, featuring 42 exhibitions, including six formations and 16 dance genres. Groups include A Time To Dance, Always Dancin, Ballroom With Jen, Latin American Ballroom with Teresa, Mark Wagner, Meet Me On The Dance Floor, Studio One, Team Vegas and Y’s Guys Gals.
An after-party will be held at Firebirds in the Eastwood Mall. An after-party dance will be 6 to 8 p.m., sponsored by A Time To Dance Studio, 38 Youngstown Warren Road, Niles.
SEWING GUILD SCHEDULE: The Niles Chapter of the American Sewing Guild’s September schedule for Neighborhood Group meetings. Guests are welcome.
• Evening Cut Ups meet 7 p.m. Monday at Grace Church of Nazarene, 5253 W. Webb, Austintown. Fit/Nice pants, variations on the master pattern. For information, call Kim, 330-545-6520.
• Fancy Cutters meets 10 a.m. Monday at Lake Vista, 303 North Mecca St., Cortland. Something made with fleece demo by Judy. For information, call Virginia at 330-847-7549.
• Sewphisticates meet 6 p.m. Sept. 20 at Shepherd of the Valley, 4100 N. River Road NE, Warren. Fit/Nice top variations. For information, call Diane 234-855-7610.
• Material Girls meet 6 p.m. Thursday at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 490 N. High St., Cortland. Patti will demo 3-D flower applique. For information, call Barb 330-550-1215.
• Designing Women machine embroidery group meet 10 a.m. Friday at Domestic Sewing, 2011 Youngstown Road, Warren, for a road trip to the Erie Convention Center for Quilting On the Bay Front. For carpool information, contact Shirley or Lynn. For information, call Shirley, 330-969-5020.
• Howland Happy Stitchers meet 10 am. Sept. 19 at Living Lord Lutheran Church, 851 Niles Cortland Road, Howland. Work on favors for the Christmas party. For information, call Carol, 330-856-4827.
• Southington So-Sews meet 10 a.m. Sept. 25 at Southington Christian Church, state Route 534, Southington. Road trip. For information, call Jennie, 330-847-7386.