Party in the garden
GARDEN CRAWL / PARTY ON THE PORCH: Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership is hosting the fourth annual Garden Crawl and Party on the Porch from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday in the Garden District of downtown Warren.
TNP will have the trolley running a continuous loop through the garden district. There will be maps available for self-guided tours and signage placed throughout the district. There will be a picnic, sidewalk chalk and games, giveaways, and National Fire and Water Repair fire truck.
STRAWBERRY SOCIAL: Central Christian Church, 2051 E. Market St., Warren, will hold the 68th annual strawberry social 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday indoors in the fellowship hall.
CLOTHING DRIVE: The Church of Jesus Christ, 1900 Keefer Road, Girard, is holding a free clothing drive from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
LEADERSHIP ROUNDTABLE: The YMCA of Youngstown with Ohio State Senator Joseph L. Schiavoni will host a Leadership Roundtable 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. Monday at the Central YMCA, 17 North Champion St., Youngstown, to discuss workplace wellness issues facing local business.
Attendees will learn how medical reform will impact their business and how to secure available grant funding to start or support existing employee wellness programs.
RSVP by Friday by contacting Kevin Ruse at email@example.com or phone 330-360-1070.
FARM BUREAU MEETING: The Trumbull County Farm Bureau annual meeting will be 6 p.m. Aug. 10 at Enzo’s Restaurant, 2918 Elm Road NE, Warren. Dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m., followed by meeting. The 2017 scholarship recipients also will be recognized.
For reservations, contact the office at 440-437-8700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday.
AGENCY HOLDS GARAGE SALE: Big Brothers / Big Sisters Mahoning Valley is holding a garage sale Saturday and is looking for volunteers to help with presale help and day-of-the-sale help. For information, contact Big Sister and chairperson Kathy Shirley at email@example.com.
Help is also needed 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday and Friday to transport items, presale unloading, organizing and pricing items.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• BRISTOL BOARD OF EDUCATION will hold a Records Commission meeting 1:30 p.m. today at the board offices on converting old student records from paper to electronic.
• SUMMIT ACADEMY BOARD will meet 5:30 p.m. today at the school in Warren.
• LORDSTOWN BOARD OF EDUCATION will hold special meeting 6 p.m. Thursday at high school media center on personnel and other business.
• MAHONING COUNTY COMMISSIONERS canceled their board meeting set for Thursday.
• TRUMBULL COUNTY VETERANS SERVICES COMMISSION will meet 10 a.m. Thursday at the Paul Heltzel Community Room.
• BAZETTA TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES will hold special meeting 6 p.m. today at township administration building to meet with legal counsel.