Outreach offers free bookbags
GIVEAWAY: St. Nicholas Samaritan Outreach will provide area students free bookbags, while supplies last, 3 to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Newton Falls American Legion, 2025 East River Road, Newton Falls. A donation to the outreach will take place.
LAKE FEST: The 35th annual Pymatuning Lake Fest will be 10 a.m. to dusk Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday with various activities along the lake at Pymatuning State Park main beach area, 5354 Pymatuning Lake Road, Andover, south of the Route 85 causeway. There will be artisans and crafters, entertainment, rides and games, and contests. The Little Miss Pymatuning pageant will be 10 a.m. to noon Saturday. There is a donation requested at the ticket gates for visitors. A fireworks finale will be around 9 p.m. Sunday. All dogs must be on a leash. For information, visit www.facebook.com/PareaCOC.
BOOK SALE: The Warren-Trumbull County Public Library, 444 Mahoning Ave., Warren, will hold its annual book sale 11:30 am. to 3 p.m. Saturday and 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday. Sunday is Clearance Sale Day. Preview sale for Friends members only will be 9 to 11 a.m. The main library will be open Saturday during the sale but closed Sunday. The Local History and Genealogy Center in the library will be closed both days.
ASSOCIATION PICNIC: The Historic Perkins Homestead Neighborhood Association will hold the ninth annual community picnic 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday behind Warren City Hall on Mahoning Avenue. People who reside in the Historic Perkins Homestead area from High Street to Summit Street and Mahoning Avenue to North Park, including Perkins Drive, are invited. There will be food, musical entertainment, games, door prizes, fire truck display and tours of the gardens and pagoda. The event will be held rain or shine.
FUNDRAISING NIGHT: A fundraising night will be 4 to 7 p.m. Monday at Texas Roadhouse, 2260 Niles-Cortland Road SE, to benefit and help support the SCOPE Senior Services. Ten percent of all sales will be donated to the SCOPE center.
AFTERNOON AT CENTER: An Afternoon at the Warren Heritage Center will be 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday at the Kinsman House, 303 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren. There will be a featured program followed by a tour of the historic house, now home of the Warren Heritage Center. Call 330-372-0237.
APRON DISPLAY: A collection of aprons is on display at the Sutliff Museum, operated by The Warren Library Association, on the second floor of the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library, 444 Mahoning Ave NW. The collection features aprons from the 1940s through today, including ones handmade, crocheted and made from material ranging from dresses to towels. The museum is open 3 to 6 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday and 1 to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Tours may be arranged at other times by calling the museum at 330-399-8807, Ext. 121, or visiting www.sutliffmuseum.org.
• NAR-ANON, a 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs, 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren. Bill at 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Reformers Unanimous — 7 p.m., 2111 Sodom Hutchings Road, Vienna, a Christ-centered addiction abstinence program. 330-509-0001 or 330-720-2463.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Hillside Stroke Support Group — 2:30 p.m., boardroom. Cindy, 330-841-3891.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery– 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 S. High St., Cortland.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.
• BROOKFIELD TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES will hold a special meeting 10 a.m. Saturday at the township administration building to decide whether to adopt the proposed zoning resolution to be submitted to voters.
• LORDSTOWN PLANNING COMMISSION will meet 6:30 p.m. Monday at the village administration building.