Hands-on lesson about history
HANDS-ON HISTORY: A free Hands-On History open house will be held 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday at the Tyler History Center, 325 W. Federal St., Youngstown-Mahoning Valley Historical Society staff will be on hand for a program on the Progress of the Mahoning Valley. Visitors will explore how the Mahoning Valley has changed – through the bad and the good and into the future. Make your own medicine, try historic tools, and learn about those who helped to make the area a better place. For information contact the society at 330-743-2589 or visit www.mahoninghistory.org.
SUMMER FINALE PARTY: The Warren Trumbull County Public Library will hold a summer finale party 1 p.m. Wednesday on the second floor. There will be games, crafts and ice cream. Event is for ages 3 to 12. The play ”Dumplin” based on the novel by Julie Murphy will be presented by local teens 5 p.m. Wednesday at the library.
WOMEN’S WEEKEND: Restoration Christian Fellowship Church, 760 S Main Ave. SW, Warren, is hosting “We Are One Women’s Weekend.” Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Women of the church have a healing and impactful weekend planned just for women. “Waiting to Exhale” Ladies Night is 7 p.m. Friday. There will be workshops on waiting, wellness, and relaxation. Refreshments will be served. “When Women Pray” will be held 9 a.m. Saturday. Prayer and refreshments. “One Touch” Women’s Day Service, 11 a.m. Sunday with guest speaker Evangelist Zina McKinney from Calvary Ministries International, Youngstown. The event will feature RCF “One Touch” Praise Team, Dance Team, Women and Girls choir. Questions contact Nikita Warfield or Khristy Mitchell at 330-469-5428.
STEM DAYS: The Ohio State University Extension Trumbull 4-H STEM Days will be held Aug. 9 for grades K-2 and Aug. 11 for grades 3-5. Time is 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Trumbull Agriculture and Education Center in Cortland. Cost is $10 per child. Registration is needed with checks made payable to Trumbull County 4-H Advisory Committee. Age appropriate activities will include bottle balloon rocket and kitchen chemistry. Call 330-638-6783.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 220 W. Market St., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Codependency and Grief for those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse, 7 p.m.Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Call 330-534-1952.
• American Legion Post 700 — 6:15 p.m., Howland American Legion Post 700, 8273 High St. NE, Howland.
• Minute by Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion, First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.
NILES CIVIL SERVICE will meet 4:30 p.m. today at city building conference room.
NILES CITY COUNCIL will meet 6 p.m. Wednesday at the safety service complex.
TRUMBULL COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS will meet 9:30 a.m. today at the offices, 2947 Youngstown Warren Road SE, Warren.
ORANGEVILLE COUNCIL will meet 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the fire hall.
TRUMBULL COUNTY COMMISSIONERS will meet 10:30 a.m. today for workshop and 10:30 a.m. Wednesday for regular meeting in commissioners hearing room.
BROOKFIELD TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES will hold meeting 1 p.m. Wednesday at township administration building with Buckeye Energy on electric aggregation. Trustees will meet 3.p.m. with Regional Chamber of Commerce.