Girard marks end of summer
GIRARD END OF SUMMER PARADE: The 11th annual Girard ”End of Summer” parade will be 7 p.m. Saturday. The parade will travel south along U.S. Route 422 from Stambaugh Street to Liberty Street. All interested participants must register by emailing Franniecorsale@gmail.com
GARLIC TALK: The Kinsman Free Public Library will host the Ohio State University Extension Master Gardener Program at the library 5:30 p.m. today for ”Garlic, Garlic, and More Garlic.” Learn how to grow, harvest, and use garlic in everyday life. Garlic is a natural antiseptic and its culinary and medicinal history is long. The program is free and open to the public. Registration is requested, but walk-ins are welcome. Call 330-876-2461 for information.
ONLINE CLASS: Register now for Online Resources, Apps and Social Networks to be held 3 to 4:30 pm. Wednesday at the Kinsman Free Public Library, 6420 Church St., Kinsman. Find out which social network is good for your needs, net etiquette, and how to keep your personal information safe. Register now. Admission is free and open to 18 years and older. For information, call 330-876-2461.
HISTORIC NIGHT: The Mahoning Valley Scrappers are collaborating with National Packard Museum for Historic Night Saturday. The event will celebrate the historic Packard car and the Packard legacy. The Scrappers will wear special Mahoning Valley Packard jerseys that will be available for auction the night of the game with proceeds to benefit the National Packard Museum. For information, call 330-550-0000.
FAMILY FUN: The Victory Christian School Class of 2019 will host a family-centered Family Fun night an concert. The outdoor event will begin 5 p.m. Friday with music 6 to 10 p.m. Those attending may bring a lawn chair or blanket. Music will be represented by VCS students and local Christian worship bands. There will be a fishing derby. Bring your own pole. The event will be at 2787 Warren Meadville Road, Cortland. Food will be available for purchase.
• Purple Heart meeting — 7 p.m., Disabled American Veterans, 2044 Youngstown Road SE, Warren.
• Lupus Support Group — 7 p.m. Trumbull Memorial Hospital, Conference Room B, 1350 E. Market St., Warren.
• Mosquito Creek Woodcarvers — 7 p.m. Lake Vista Clubhouse, 303 N. Mecca St., Cortland. Call 330-442-9669.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m. Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m. Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m. Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m. St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m. Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. Call 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m. Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m. St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m. Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m. Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard. Call 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m. Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St. Call 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men 7 p.m. Warren SCOPE Center, 220 W. Market St., Warren. Call 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m. Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm. Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m. First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon Wayside Inn.
• Codependency and Grief for those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse, 7 p.m. Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Call 330-534-1952.
• Historic Perkins Homestead Neighborhood Association — 6:30 p.m. Kinsman House, 303 Mahoning Ave., Warren. Call 330-507-8831 or 330-392-0863.
• Youngstown Area Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays — 6:30 p.m. St. John Episcopal Church, 323 Wick St., Youngstown. Call 330-747-2696 or email Pflagy@gay.com.
• Ladies Auxiliary Unit 700 — 6:15 p.m. Howland American Legion Post 700, 8273 High St. NE, Howland.
• SOAR Chapter 28-4, American Welding Retirees Local 1574 — 10:30 a.m. United Steel Workers 1375 Union Hall, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• NAMI Family Support Groups — 7 p.m. D&E Center, 142 Javit Court, Austintown. Call 330-531-7490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Minute by Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.
MCDONALD COUNCIL will meet 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at the municipal building. Caucus is 6 p.m. Committee meetings are 6 p.m. today.
BRISTOL ZONING COMMISSION will meet 7 p.m. Wednesday at the township hall.
SOUTHINGTON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES will meet 6 p.m. Wednesday at the township hall.
MAPLEWOOD BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet 7 p.m. Wednesday at the high school.
WEATHERSFIELD ZONING COMMISSION will meet 6 p.m. Wednesday at the township hall.
TRUMBULL COUNTY COMMISSIONERS will meet 9:30 a.m Wednesday at the commissioner’s hearing room. Workshop is 10:30 a.m. today.
NILES BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT will meet 9:30 a.m. Wednesday to discuss proposed signage at Harbor Woods Senior Living.