Event to explore trip to Alaska
“THE LAST FRONTIER”: The Trumbull Soil and Water Conservation District’s National Park series will continue with ”The Last Frontier” 6:30 p.m. Friday at the Trumbull County Agriculture and Family Education Center, 520 W. Main St., Cortland.
Amy Reeher, Trumbull SWCD’s district administrator / watershed coordinator, will discuss her Alaskan adventure. She will show highlights from her visit to Denali National Park as well as her stopovers to various Alaskan natural resource areas.
Light refreshments will be provided and there is no fee for the program. For information or to RSVP, call 330-637-2056, Ext. 111, or firstname.lastname@example.org
CHILD SAFETY SEAT INSPECTION: The Mineral Ridge Firefighter Association, in conjunction with Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley and Safe Kids Mahoning Valley, will hold child safety seat inspections noon to 2 p.m. Saturday at Mineral Ridge Fire Station 41, 3588 state Route 46. Nationally certified child passenger seat technicians will inspect and assist in installing your child’s seat.
OPEN HOUSE: The Moss Ancestral Home, 1499 Burnett St., Mineral Ridge, is holding an open house 1 to 4 p.m. Aug. 13 showcasing the history of Mineral Ridge and Weathersfield. Mineral Ridge Historical Society members will be on hand.
SHEEPFOLD MINISTRIES: Sheepfold Ministries, 233 N. Irvine Ave., Sharon, Pa., will offer a codependency and grief support group 10 a.m. Tuesdays at the chapel and 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home in Hubbard. To register, call 330-534-1952 or 724-981-5683. The support groups are to help families who have lost a loved one to drug or alcohol abuse.
TCAP SUMMER PROGRAM: The Trumbull Community Action Program, 1230 Palmyra Road SW, Warren, will be operating its Summer Crisis Program through Aug. 31. Eligible households may qualify for one or a combination of the following: an air conditioner and / or fans (if no air conditioner or fan was received from TCAP in 2014, 2015 or 2016); a one-time payment up to a total maximum benefit of $300 toward the electric bill from a regulated utility company or up to a total maximum benefit of $500 if the utility company is nonregulated. Total household income must be at or below 175 percent of the federal poverty guidelines and is based on gross income over the past three months or the past 12 months. Household members must be age 60 and older.
For appointments, clients must provide Social Security cards and / or birth certificates for all household members, copy of most recent gas or heating bill and electric bill, and total household income for past 13 weeks or three months (gross earnings)
Appointments are available at TCAP Tuesday through Friday. Call 1-866-747-1041 to schedule an appointment. Callers must wait to receive a confirmation number to secure an appointment.
Appointments can be made Mondays at Newton Falls United Methodist Church, 336 Ridge Road, at 330-393-2507, Ext. 232; Tuesdays at Niles Community Services, 401 Vienna Avenue, Suite 2, Tiffany Square, Niles, at 330-393-2507, Ext. 227; and Wednesdays, Hubbard Municipal Building, 220 W. Liberty St., at 330-393-2507, Ext. 229
For all other questions call TCAP at 330-393-2507, Ext. 225.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• AMVETS 106 — 2 p.m., post house, 1243 N. Main St., Niles.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Write to Recover — 10 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Gamblers Anonymous 12-Step fellowship — 7:30 p.m. Christ Church Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Cornersburg. 330-505-5060.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330 856-3822.
Send items to: Seeing Eye, Tribune Chronicle, 240 Franklin St. SE, Warren, OH 44483.