Animated fun comes to library
CRAFTS AND CARTOONS: Teens in grades seventh to 12th can take part in Crafts and Cartoons 4 p.m. Tuesday at the Warren-Trumbull County Main Library. There will be different activities planned in Teen Central.
AUCTION TO HELP SECOND HARVEST: The ninth annual Canfield Fair Junior Fair livestock project presented by the Mahoning County Farm Bureau, Mahoning County Livestock Committee and Canfield Senior Fair Board will benefit the Second Harvest Food Bank.
The event will be held in the 4-H Coliseum, Building No. 8. A company or organization may purchase livestock to donate to Second Harvest Food Bank of the Mahoning Valley for distribution to hungry families in Mahoning, Columbiana and Trumbull counties. Auctions will be held 5:30 and 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday.
Second Harvest, a member of Feeding America, provides food to those in need in the tri-county area through 148 programs provided by hunger-relief organizations, which include church pantries, homeless shelters, soup kitchens, shelters for battered women and after-school programs. For information, call 330-792-5522.
MCKINLEY MEMORIAL ART: The Art Outreach Gallery in the Eastwood Mall in Niles will hold the gallery opening and award ceremony for the ”A McKinley Art Show” 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday. Awards will be presented by President William McKinley. There will be musical entertainment by the Richie Williams Trio. There will be refreshments.
LORDSTOWN LIBRARY EVENT: A ”Get Wild” program will be 4:30 p.m. today at the Lordstown Library Branch. There will be nature and gardening based activities, including science, crafts and dirt. Participants should dress to get messy and expect to be outside, weather permitting. For ages 6 to 12. Registration is required. Call 330-824-2094 to sign up.
EVENT PLANNED: Windsor House at Armstrong Memory Care Assisted Living, 2 Windsor Place, Champion, is hosting “Your Learning Journey,” an educational day learning about dementia and all its facets. The event will take place 1 p.m. Sept. 13. Topics include: Communicating with those who have Dementia, Understanding Alzheimer’s, Emotional Intelligence for Caregiving and others. The event is free and open to the public. For additional information and to RSVP, contact Windsor House at Armstrong 234-806-3302.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St. Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
• Someplace Safe — 1540 Tod Ave., Warren, 330-393-3005.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Youngstown Executive Toastmasters — 6:45 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley, 301 Western Reserve Road, Boardman. www.speakingclub.org.
• Youngstown Toastmasters Executive 408 — 6:40 p.m., Adamas Square, 8131 Market St., Boardman.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Leavittsburg Church of God, 610 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg. 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Monday Night Miracles — 7 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Hubbard HOW — 7:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 1815 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.
• The Landing — 6 p.m. celebrate recovery program for teens, Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group — 6 p.m., Boardman Park, Georgeanna Parker Administrative Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road, Boardman. Lisa Altman, licensed social worker, 330-759-9487.
• The Weigh Inn — weigh-in 5 to 6 p.m., meeting 6:15 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St. 330-652-9098.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; submit it to the Virtual Newsroom at www.tribtoday.com; email email@example.com; or mail to or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.
• BROOKFIELD TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES will hold a special meeting 9 a.m. today at the township hall regarding electrical aggregation. Trustees also will meet 8:30 a.m. to discuss maintenance and vandalism in the park.
• MAHONING COUNTY COMMISSIONERS will hold a staff meeting 9 a.m. today at the county administration building.
• AUSTINTOWN TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES will meet noon today at the township administration building.
• HOWLAND BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet noon today at the board administration room.
• TRUMBULL COUNTY BOARD OF DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES will meet 5:30 p.m. today at the Fairhaven School cafeteria.
• LORDSTOWN COUNCIL will hold special meeting 5:30 p.m. today at village administration building on appointment of an open seat and contract for street resurfacing.
• LORDSTOWN BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet 6 p.m. today at the high school media center.
• KINSMAN TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES will meet 6 p.m. today at township hall.
• NEWTON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES will meet 7 p.m. today at the township hall.
• BAZETTA TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES will meet 7 p.m. today at the township hall.
• WARREN BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet 6 p.m. Tuesday at the school administration building.
• BRACEVILLE ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS will meet 7 p.m. Tuesday at the township hall.
• LORDSTOWN BOARD OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS will hold a special meeting 6 p.m. today at the village administration building to discuss Lordstown Energy Center water and sewer accounts.