Ag center hosts garden event
FAMILY GARDEN FAIR: A Family Garden Fair and strawberry social will be 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Trumbull County Agriculture and Family Education Center, 520 West Main St., Cortland. The free event will include STEM activities in the Sunplace Special Children’s Garden, Cortland Community Band performance 6 p.m., an old-fashioned strawberry social will be provided by the Cortland Bazetta Historical Society, and perennial plant sale. Those attending can bring a lawn chair. The event is sponsored by the Ohio State University Extension Master Gardener volunteers.
NUTRITION PROGRAM: Kinsman Free Public Library will present ”What are You Putting in Your Mouth?” 11 a.m. Tuesday with representative from Mercy Health. The free program will provide an investigative approach to reading food labels. Registration is requested, but walk-ins are welcome. Call 330-876-2461.
KIDS’ KUPBOARD: The Relay for Life Team of Blessed Sacrament Parish, 3020 Reeves Road NE, Warren, will host Kids’ Kupboard, a re-sale of children’s items, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the parish Covelli Gymnasium. Admission is $1 at the door. Lunch items will be sold. Proceeds benefit the parish’s Relay for Life Team / American Cancer Society. Call the parish with questions at 330-372-2215.
HEALTH FAIR: Cortland SCOPE Senior Center, 125 N. Bank St., will hold a health fair 12:30 to 3 p.m. Wednesday with more than 20 vendors scheduled.
SCREENINGS AT SCOPE: Neighborhood Health Watch will provide free health screenings for blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol screenings 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday at Warren SCOPE, West Market Street. No appointment is necessary. Fasting is encouraged for blood work.
READ TO BUNNIES: Girard Free Library will present ”Read to Some Bunny” 6:30 p.m. Tuesday with therapy bunnies in baskets.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St. Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
* Someplace Safe — 1540 Tod Ave., Warren, 330-393-3005.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Youngstown Executive Toastmasters — 6:45 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley, 301 Western Reserve Road, Boardman. www.speakingclub.org.
• Mental Health Support Group — 6 p.m. Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road SE, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• Youngstown Toastmasters Executive 408 — 6:40 p.m., Adamas Square, 8131 Market St., Boardman.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Niles American Legion Post 106 — 6:30 p.m., post home, 1029 N. Main St, Niles. 330-652-1323.
• The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9678 — 7 p.m., 16013 W. High St., Middlefield. Gary, 440-321-0808.
• Kinship Association Support Meeting — 9:30 a.m., YWCA, Warren, second floor. 330-675-2617.
• Loving Outreach Surviving Suicide — 5:30 p.m., Valley Counseling, 150 E. Market St., Warren.
• Newton Falls VFW Ladies Auxiliary 3332 — 7 p.m., post home, 433 Arlington Road, Newton Falls.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Leavittsburg Church of God, 610 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg. 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Monday Night Miracles — 7 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Hubbard HOW — 7:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 1815 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.
• Grief Support Group — 10:30 a.m. Vienna United Methodist Church community room, 4265 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. Sponsored by Herron Funeral Home and Hospice of the Valley. 330-399-6650.
• The Landing — 6 p.m. celebrate recovery program for teens, Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• The Weigh Inn — weigh-in 5 to 6 p.m., meeting 6:15 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St. 330-652-9098.
• CHAMPION BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet 5 p.m. today in board community room.
• LAKEVIEW BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet 5 p.m. today at high school media center.
• LIBERTY BOARD OF EDUCATION has changed their meeting to 5:30 p.m. today in the high school community room.
• NEWTON FALLS COUNCIL will meet 6 p.m. today at the municipal building.
• BROOKFIELD TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES will hold a special meeting 6 p.m. today at the township hall to meet with Brookfield Youth Baseball League and request a tax advance for property tax.
• MECCA TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES will meet 7 p.m. today at township hall.
• CORTLAND COUNCIL will meet 7 p.m. today at the municipal building.
• HUBBARD COUNCIL will meet 7 p.m. today at the municipal building with caucus at 6:30 p.m.
• WARREN BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet 6 p.m. Tuesday at the administration building.
• SOUTHINGTON BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet 6 p.m. Tuesday at the school complex media center.
• HUBBARD BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet 7 p.m. Tuesday at the board room with work session 5 p.m.