Vermicomposting workshop Thurs.
VERMICOMPOSTING WORKSHOP: Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership, 170 N. Park Ave., Warren, is sponsoring a free Vermicomposting Workshop 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday. At the end of this class, participants will have everything they need to start composting with worms. This includes red wigglers, a bin with aeration and bedding material. Participants must register by contacting Cassandra at 330-774-8896. Vermicomposting (composting with worms) is a way to practice the ”3 R”‘s — great for the garden, great for fishing and great for the Earth.
BOOK SALE: Hubbard Friends of the Library is having a paperback book sale 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the library, 436 W. Liberty St., Hubbard. There will be regular paperbacks and oversized paperbacks in the main meeting room of the library. For more information, contact FOL President Bonnie Viele at 330-534-1394. All funds benefit the Hubbard Public Library.
OH WOW PROGRAM: OH WOW! The Oh Wow! Roger and Gloria Jones Children’s Center for Science and Technology, 11 West Federal St. Youngstown, will hold Make Circuits noon to 1 p.m. Saturday for ages 8 and older. Pre-registration is required by calling 330-744-5914.
SOLDIER GRAVES SOUGHT: Hubbard Veterans of Foreign Wars is seeking to make sure that every departed comrade’s grave is recognized with a marker. If anyone knows of an unmarked veteran’s grave at any of the seven cemeteries in Hubbard, call the VFW Post 3767 at 330-534-9775 or 330-509-8669.
•Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cancer Caregiver Support Group Trumbull County — 6 to 8 p.m. St. Mary’s Church, 3504 Main St. (state Route 46) Mineral Ridge. Call Joyce at 330-652-0071.
•Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
•Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
•TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. N.W., Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. Call 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Austintown Never Alone Nar-Anon Group — 7 p.m. Wednesdays, upstairs at the Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. 330 207-0845.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis Club — noon, Enzo’s, Elm Road, Warren.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — weigh-in, 9:15 a.m., Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
• Parkinson Support Group of Trumbull County — 1:30 p.m., Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road, Howland. 330-856-4286.
• Niles Kiwanis — noon, Hometown Buffet, Eastwood Mall complex, Niles.
• PERI monthly meeting — 11:15 a.m., DiLucia’s Restaurant, 2610 Elm Road NE, Warren. 330-372-2603.
• Fourth Ward Girard Block Watch — 5 p.m. at the Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., Girard.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; submit it to the Virtual Newsroom at www.tribtoday.com; email email@example.com or mail to or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.
TRUMBULL COUNTY COMMISSIONERS will meet 10:30 a.m. today at the commissioners’ hearing room.
NAMI MAHONING VALLEY STEERING COMMITTEE will meet 11 a.m. today at Valley Counseling Services in Warren.
BLOOMFIELD-MESPO BOARD OF EDUCATION will hold a special meeting 6 p.m. today at Bloomfield High School on applicant interviews.
NILES BOARD OF ZONING APPEALS will meet 10 a.m. Thursday at the municipal building
TRUMBULL COUNTY VETERANS SERVICE COMMISSION will meet 10 a.m. Thursday in Paul Heltzel Community Room.
TRUMBULL COUNTY METROPARKS BOARD will meet 4:15 p.m. Thursday at the Chemical Bank Building, 185 E. Market St. to discuss the Baughman Bridge and Ellis Log Cabin.
WARREN COUNCIL’S Economic Development Committee will meet 4:30 p.m. Thursday in council chambers on the Fund for Warren’s Future.
BLOOMFIELD BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the high school.
MCDONALD BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet 7 p.m. Thursday at high school media center.
WEATHERSFIELD ZONING APPEALS BOARD will meet 7 p.m. Thursday at the township hall.
TRUMBULL COUNTY FAIR BOARD will meet 7 p.m. Thursday at the county fairgrounds.