USO getting boost from motorcyclists
HARLEY OWNERS RIDE TO BENEFIT: The Warren Harley Owners Group (H.O.G.) will hold a military benefit ride to help support the USO of Northern Ohio on Saturday at Champion Lanes on Cleveland Avenue, Champion. The USO of Northern Ohio has a facility at the Youngstown Air Reserve Station in Vienna and is working closely with the H.O.G. club to help raise money for their cause. The ride is open to anyone, as well as any vehicle, and sign-up begins at 10 a.m. at Champion Lanes. The Color Guard will be on hand to present the colors followed by the first vehicle out at 11 a.m. and last vehicle in by 5 p.m. Cost includes music by DJ’s On Tap, the run, and a light dinner following the ride. There will be a 50/50 drawing and a Chinese auction at Champion Lanes after the ride. All proceeds will benefit the USO of Northern Ohio. Contact activities officer, Tammy Vendeland, at 330-240-1168 with any questions.
OPTIMISTS HOLD OPEN HOUSE: The Bazetta Cortland Optimist Club, 2619 Hoagland Road, Warren, is celebrating 50 years of serving the community and kids by hosting an open house 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday.
LAWN CONCERT: The McKinley Memorial Library’s ”Music on the Lawn” will be 7 p.m. today at the memorial in downtown Niles. The John Reese Project will perform jazz, oldies and Motown.
FREE MOVIE NIGHTS: The Leavittsburg Church of the Nazarene, 4175 Pendelton Road, will hold a free movie night 6:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday with the movie ”The Shack” in the church gymnasium.
HISTORY OF JEWISH YOUNGSTOWN: ”The History of Jewish Youngstown and the Steel Valley” will be presented 10 a.m. Saturday at Kravitz Deli in Liberty as part of the ”Memories of a Lifetime” series. Speaker is Thomas Welsh, who co-authored a book with Joshua Foster and Gordon Morgan.
SUMMER INSTITUTE: A Summer Manufacturing Institute will be 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. June 19 to 23 at Mahoning Valley YWCA in Youngstown. The program is a week-long program for students is grades 4 to 6 to learn of technology and tools in the Mahoning Valley. The OH!WOW Center and YWCA of Youngstown will work together to provide hands-on engineering activities, visits to local manufacturing facilities and time with manufacturing professionals. For information, call 330-746-6361.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Denman Tire Retirees — noon, Wayside Restaurant, Champion. 330-898-6283.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — promote aftercare following incarceration, 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5:15 p.m., meeting at 5:45 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Canfield Niles Road, Austintown. 330-759-4737.
• Divorce/Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group — 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman Canfield Road. 330-729-0127.
• Trumbull County Veterans Service Commission — 10 a.m. Thursdays, the Paul E. Heltzel Community Room at the Trumbull County Veterans Service Commission, 253 E. Market St., Warren.
JACKSON-MILTON BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet 6 p.m. today at the high school.
VOICES OF YOUTH COMMITTEE will meet 1 p.m. today at the YWCA of Warren.
AREA AGENCY ON AGING Board of Trustees will meet 1 p.m. Friday at the offices in Eastwood Mall in Niles. The Advisory Board will meet 1:30 p.m. today.
HOWLAND BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet 11 a.m. Friday for a work session at Leo’s Ristorante.
HOWLAND PARK COMMISSIONERS will hold a special meeting 9 a.m. Friday at the park meeting building to meet with CT Consultants.
TRUMBULL SOIL WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT Board of Supervisors will meet 8:30 a.m. Friday at the Trumbull Agriculture and Family Education Center in Cortland.