Packard slated to showcase robots
SHOWCASING ROBOTS: The Northeast Ohio FIRST Robotics Alliance and the National Packard Museum will host the sixth annual FIRST Robotics Day noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at the National Packard Museum, 1899 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren. FIRST Robotics Teams from area high schools and middle schools will be on hand to demonstrate their robots and answer questions. Admission to the museum’s Legacy Gallery is free for those attending. The FIRST Robotics Day event will showcase robots from the Mahoning Valley. The FIRST program offers four levels of robotics for students in grades K-12. FIRST, For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology, was founded by inventor Dean Kamen and MIT professor Dr. Woodie Flowers to inspire young people’s interest and participation in science, technology, engineering, and math endeavors, and to lead them into STEM career fields.
MOVIE NIGHT: Vista Center at the Ridge Nursing Home, 3379 Main St., Mineral Ridge, will present the movie ”Sing” at dusk Saturday on the Fun Flicks outdoor 25-foot inflatable movie screen. Popcorn, candy and a beverage will be provided compliments of Vista Center at the Ridge and Victoria House Assisted Living. For information, call 330-652-9901.
KIDS AND CANINES FUNDRAISER: A fundraising quarter auction, “Kids and Canines,” will be Thursday at the Youngstown Saxon Club, 710 N. Meridian Road, Austintown. Doors open at 5 p.m. and the auction starts at 6 p.m. There will be over 90 prizes. Tickets are $5 and include a bidding paddle, a door prize ticket, a soft drink and popcorn. All money from the auction and raffles goes to Potential Development School For Children with autism and Every Dog Matters pet rescue. For information or for tickets call 330-507-2584 or email FundraisingQuarterAuction@yahoo.com.
HOWLAND LIONS CLUB: The new Howland Lions Club will hold an organizational meeting 7 p.m. Wednesday at Shepherd of the Valley chapel room, 4100 North River Road. Meetings will be held in the future on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month. All local residents, both men and women 18 and older, who have an interest in service for this community should plan on attending and seeing the role a Lions Club will have in your community. For information, contact Bob Whited at 330-792-7907 or email@example.com
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St. Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
• Someplace Safe — 1540 Tod Ave., Warren, 330-393-3005.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Youngstown Executive Toastmasters — 6:45 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley, 301 Western Reserve Road, Boardman. www.speakingclub.org.
• Youngstown Toastmasters Executive 408 — 6:40 p.m., Adamas Square, 8131 Market St., Boardman.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Leavittsburg Church of God, 610 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg. 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Monday Night Miracles — 7 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Hubbard HOW — 7:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 1815 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.
• Cortland Class of 1958 — noon, Lake Tavern. 330-637-8616.
• The Landing — 6 p.m. celebrate recovery program for teens, Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• AFCME — 1 p.m., Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 2742 North Road, Warren.
• The Weigh Inn — weigh-in 5 to 6 p.m., meeting 6:15 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St. 330-652-9098.