‘Run on Faith’ takes off Saturday
RUN ON FAITH: St. Rose Catholic Church will hold the first St. Rose “Run on Faith” 5K walk / run 10 a.m. Saturday at the church grounds, 48 Main St., Girard. Proceeds will benefit the Emmanuel Community Care Center, Catholic Charities and Dorothy Day House. Check in 8:30 a.m. in church parking lot.
GRIEF SUPPORT: Catholic Charities Regional Agency will hold its monthly Bereavement /Grief Support meeting 1 to 3 p.m. today at their Warren location, 175 Laird Ave. NE, third floor. The meeting is free to the public. For information contact Taunya at 330-744-3320.
BASKET RAFFLE: Legacy Dog Rescue and Never Muzzled are holding a basket raffle noon to 5:30 p.m. Saturday at The Federal, 110 W Federal St., Youngstown. Baskets will be drawn at 5:30 p.m. Fifteen percent of all food sales will be donated back. For information, contact Jenn at 330-719-5569 or follow the organizations on Facebook.
PAST LIFE WORKSHOP: A day of exploring reincarnation and how your past is affecting your present will be noon to 5 p.m. Sunday at The Yoga Center, 927 Youngstown Kingsville Road, Vienna. There will be equal time for lecture, experiencing regression and evaluating the experience. The session will be conducted by Steve Tackett, author of “Awakenings: The Essential Guide to Metaphysics.” Tackett has been doing regressions since 1976. To register, call 330-647-0399.
PRINCESS TEA: Braceville Christian Church, 4387 Church St. SW, will hold the fourth annual Princess Tea 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday. Those attending can dress up if they wish. The free event is for girls 12 and younger with their mothers, grandmothers, aunts, sisters and friends. To register, call 330-469-6998 or email email@example.com. The church will have different size dresses available to be worn.
YWCA MEETING: The YWCA of Youngstown will host its 112th annual meeting at 5 p.m. Wednesday at the YWCA of Youngstown, 25 W. Rayen Ave. Cost is $25 and includes dinner, speakers, installation of Board of Directors, officers and board governance committee and annual agency awards.
Reservation deadline is Friday. Please call 330-746-6361, Ext. 109.
UNITED WAY MEETING: United Way of Trumbull County will hold its 94th annual meeting today at Leo’s Ristorante in Howland, beginning at noon. This annual event will highlight the year in review, recognize outgoing board members and elect members to the Board of Directors.
United Way of Trumbull County also will recognize companies and community leaders who have provided support during the 2016 campaign year.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Denman Tire Retirees — noon, Wayside Restaurant, Champion. 330-898-6283.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — promote aftercare following incarceration, 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren.
• NAMI Connection, 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. Call 330-531-7490, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5:15 p.m., meeting at 5:45 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Canfield-Niles Road, Austintown. 330-759-4737.
• Divorce / Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group, 7:30 p.m. every Thursday, Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman-Canfield Road. Call 330-729-0127.
JACKSON-MILTON BOARD OF EDUCATION will meet 6:30 p.m. today at the high school / middle school building.
MAHONING COUNTY COMMISSIONERS will hold board meeting 10 a.m. today in the commissioners’ hearing room at county courthouse. The staff meeting is 10:30 a.m. at the county administration building.
YOUNGSTOWN COUNCIL will meet 5 p.m. today at the city building for discussion on community development block grants and home funding requests.
AREA AGENCY ON AGING Board of Directors will meet 1 p.m. Friday at the offices in Eastwood Mall, Nile. The Advisory Council will meet 1:30 p.m. today.
TRUMBULL SOIL AND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT will meet 8:30 a.m. Friday at the Trumbull Agriculture and Family Education Center in Cortland.
TRUMBULL TRANSIT BOARD will meet 9 a.m. Friday at Trumbull County Educational Service Center offices in Niles.