Run will help Autism Society
AUTISM 5K FUNDRAISER: The Autism Society of the Mahoning Valley will hold its fourth annual Valley Autism 5K and Family Fun Walk at 9 a.m. Saturday at Austintown Township Park, 6000 Kirk Road. The event includes a 5K run, 5K timed walk, children’s fun walk and one-mile family walk. There will be a special needs resource fair and family friendly carnival. Call 330-333-9609.
SCOPE BLOOD DRIVE: The American Red Cross will hold a blood drive 1 to 5 p.m. Tuesday at the Niles SCOPE Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
SCOUT BANQUET: The Wapashuwi Lodge Order of the Arrow will hold its final awards and recognitions banquet 5:30 p.m. Saturday at Camp Stambaugh, 3712 Leffingwell Road, Canfield. The Wapashuwi Lodge Order of the Arrow, formerly of the Greater Western Reserve Boy Scout Council, served families in Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, Mahoning, Trumbull and the eastern portion of Portage Counties of northeast Ohio. With the consolidation of Boy Scout Councils in northeast Ohio, the Greater Western Reserve Council (GWRC) closed as of Dec. 31, 2016. Wapashuwi Lodge, which served the GWRC, also will cease to exist at the end of May.
PROBATE PROCESS SEMINAR: Trumbull County Probate Court Judge James A. Fredericka is hosting a free seminar about the probate process in estates at 10 a.m. April 28 at the Trumbull Couty Courthouse. Featured will be Magistrate Christopher J. Shiavone and Magistrate Emily Clark Weston. Those interested in attending can RSVP 330-675-2521 to Debbie Sabat.
CLEANUPS FOR MONTH: The Great American Cleanup kicked off this month with a cleanup at Mosquito Lake State Park,1439 state Route 305, Bazetta. There will be various cleanups planned throughout Trumbull County hosted by the Geauga-Trumbull Solid Waste Management District. The events are part of the national campaign ”Keep America Beautiful.” To register or for information, call 330-675-2673.
BOOKS AND MORE EVENT: “Books and More” will be 4:30 p.m. Monday at the Lordstown Library Branch, 1471 Salt Springs Road. The “Books and More” program pairs children’s books with enrichment activities. This month’s topic is music. The event is for children in kindergarten to sixth grade. Registration is required by calling 330-824-2094.
• NAR-ANON, a 12 step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs, 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren. Bill at 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. Call 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Reformers Unanimous — a Christ-centered addiction abstinence program, 7 p.m., 2111 Sodom Hutchings Road, Vienna. 330-509-0001 or 330-720-2463
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Youngstown Area Tropical Fish Society — 7:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Mineral Ridge, 3654 Main St. Speakers offered. 330-638-• The Survivors Group — open discussion, 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles-Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group, 4p.m., The Sahara Club ll, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
•Saturday Night Serenity, 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St. Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren-Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery– 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Warren Toastmaster Club — 9 a.m., Christ Church Episcopal, 2627 Atlantic St. N.E., Warren. Ken, 330-373-6113.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 S. High St., Cortland.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.
• SOUTHINGTON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES will hold a special meeting 6 p.m. Monday for annual appropriations and a new dump truck purchase.
• THE TRUMBULL COUNTY BOARD OF DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES has canceled its meeting for Monday.
• NEWTON FALLS PARK/ RECREATION BOARD has canceled its meeting for Tuesday.
• LORDSTOWN SAFETY COMMITTEE will meet 4 p.m. today at the caucus room at municipal building.
• FARMINGTON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES will hold a special meeting 7:30 a.m. Monday at the township hall on emergency medical service appropriations and related matters.