Easter Bunny arrives in Niles
EASTER BUNNY COMES TO TOWN: The Easter Bunny will arrive 1 p.m. Saturday in the center court of the Eastwood Mall in Niles. Magician Bill Gang will perform comedy magic show beginning at 1 p.m. Families can have photos taken with the Easter Bunny.
CHS PRESENTS PLAY: Champion High School will present ”Disney’s High School Musical” 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday in the high school auditorium. Sign-language interpretation will be available both nights. Tickets can be purchased at door both nights beginning at 6:30 p.m.
SCIENCE DAY COMPETITION: The Ohio Academy of Science District 15 Lake to River Science Day will be held Saturday at Youngstown State University’s Stambaugh Stadium for students in grades 5-12. The event is one of 16 regional science fairs in Ohio that are sanctioned by the Ohio Academy of Science which includes Ashtabula, Trumbull, Mahoning and Columbiana counties. The event each year attracts hundreds of science projects from public, private and parochial students.
COMMITTEE PLANNED: Brookfield Township is looking to form an events committee as an effort between the township and the local school district. The committee includes township trustees, Brookfield Schools Superintendent Jo Taylor, and Judy Pushcar, president of the Brookfield Historical Commission. The committee will help facilitate the annual Easter egg hunt, Christmas on the green, and other events. The goal is to get 20 people on the committee.
CELEBRATING 25 YEARS: The Tri Changes Salon, 10 S. State St., Girard, is celebrating 25 years of business by opening 25 hours from 9 a.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday. The theme is “Come Celebrate Life.” There will be basket raffle, 50-50, balloon memorial release and other events.
STEM TIME; A STEM storytime will be held noon Saturday at the OH!WOW The Roger and Gloria Jones Children’s Center for Science and Technology in Youngstown. The program is designed for children age 5 and older. Activities will include making watermelon squish bags to demonstrate basic counting skills.
BOOK RELEASE: A book release party, ”Whole Again- A Guide to Complete Healing” by Dr. Danielle MacDuff 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Trumbull Career-Technical Center, 528 Educational Highway, Champion. The event will include door prizes, games and refreshments. Those attending are asked to call 330-758-9567.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital’s Warren Room, Eastland Avenue, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 12-step faith-based program, 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 220 W. Market St., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon –9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• American Legion Riders — 6:15 p.m., 700 (motorcycle club), Howland American Legion Post 700, 8273 High St. NE, Howland.
• Alzheimer Assistance and Referral Network Support Group — 6 p.m., Girard Public Library, 105 E. Prospect St.
• Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention meets 9:30 a.m., Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board offices, Warren.
• Minute by Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion, First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.
• Parents of Murdered Children meeting, 6 p.m. Girard municipal building. 330-219-2438.