Recycle trees until Jan. 31
TREE RECYCLING OFFERED IN HOWLAND: Howland Township will be picking up and recycling Christmas trees through Jan. 31. Residents are asked to remove all ornaments and trimmings before placing them at curbside.
Howland residents may also drop off trees 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. to Jan. 31 at the Public Works Department, 3600 North River Road. Call 330-856-4037.
HOUSEPLANTS PROGRAM: The Trumbull County Master Gardeners will hold public education event ”Tropical Houseplants” 10 a.m. to noon Thursday at Trumbull County Agricultural and Family Education Building, 520 W. Main St., Cortland. Guest presenter will be Professor Tim Malinich.
For reservations and information, call 330-638-6783 or visit www.Trumbull.OSU.edu. Admission is free.
ART EXHIBITION AT YSU: Youngstown State University will host the 2017 Northeastern Ohio Scholastic Art Awards Exhibition through Jan. 27 in Bliss Hall’s second-floor Judith Rae Solomon Gallery and the Art Department fourth floor. The gallery is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Students at more than 40 schools in Mahoning, Trumbull, Columbiana and Ashtabula counties in grades seven to 12 are participating. The Scholastic Art Awards high school ceremony will be held at noon and the junior high ceremony at 1:30 p.m. Saturday in Bliss Hall’s Ford Theater. The American Visions Award and Gold Key finalists at the event will be sent to New York City where they will compete for awards and possible scholarships with other student entries from across the nation.
Parking is available in the M30 Wick Avenue parking deck accessed via Walnut Street. For information, call 330-941-2307 or log onto www.ysu.edu.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Cancer Caregiver Support Group Trumbull County — 6 to 8 p.m. St. Mary’s Church, 3504 Main St., Mineral Ridge. Call Joyce at 330-652-0071.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. N.W., Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. Call 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Austintown Never Alone NarAnon Group, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs, 7 pm, upstairs at the Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown. 330 207-0845.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis Club — noon, Enzo’s, Elm Road, Warren.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road N.E.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — weigh-in, 9:15 a.m., Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St.
• Niles Kiwanis — noon, Hometown Buffet.