UAW ready to distribute food
CARE AND SHARE DISTRIBUTION: UAW Local 1112 will sponsor its annual Care & Share food distribution at 11 a.m. today, at UAW Local 1112 Union Hall, Warren.
Each year the UAW membership overwhelmingly suports this cause with their time, money and efforts to lend a hand to more than 300 families.
RAFFLE TO BENEFIT DINNER: A gift basket raffle to benefit the annual Families Helping Families free Christmas dinner will take place through Friday at the Eastwood Mall community booth.
Proceeds will be used to buy food and other items for the annual dinner 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday at Aulizio’s Banquet Center in Warren.
The dinner, in its 27th year, is organized by Trumbull County Commissioner Dan Polivka and his daughter, Danielle, who is Warren’s 5th Ward Councilwoman. Anyone wanting to make reservations for the dinner should call 211.
WINTER BREAK AT LIBRARY: A winter break Family Fun Night will be held 5 to 7 p.m. today at Brookfield Library, 7032 Grove St. Admission is free. There will be bingo, games and treats. Call 330-448-6335 for information.
CHRISTMAS BENEFIT: Owens Construction is teaming up with Youngstown Community School and the United Way of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley’s Success After 6 program to host a Christmas charity benefit for fourth to sixth grades.
The students are part of the Success After 6 iPromise program, which teaches them responsibility in and out of the classroom. They celebrated their accomplishments in school at a holiday dance this week.
LEGO RAFFLE: A Lego raffle drawing will be held today at the Trains at Town Hall in Bloomfield. This will be the last run for the trains until after Christmas. The winning ticket will be drawn between 5 and 8 p.m., and a new engine will be put on the tracks for the children to operate. Lionel Company donated a new engine and hand-held remote.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. Call 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• MVI Hospice Care Bereavement Support Group — 1 to 3 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren. Lisa Altman, 330-759-9487.
• Brookfield Historical Society — 9 a.m., township hall. 330-448-6828.
• Austintown Never Alone NarAnon Group — 7 p.m., upstairs at the Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. 330-207-084
• Champion Knights of Columbus Council 7491 — 7 p.m., St. William Rectory Office, 5431 Mahoning Ave.
• McDonald Community Chest — 7 p.m., McDonald Community Room, post office building, 500 Ohio Ave.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Alzheimer’s Support Group — 7 p.m., Ridge Crest Care Center, 1926 Ridge Ave., Warren. 330-369-4672.
• Alzheimer’s Family Support Group — 10 a.m., Easter Seal Day Center, 155 S. Park Ave., Warren. 330-533-3300 or 800-441-3322.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE, Warren.
• United Steelworkers of America Republic Steel, LTV and WCI retirees Local 1375 — 2 p.m., 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — weigh-in, 9:15 a.m., Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St.
• Niles Class of 1951 — 11:30 a.m., Scenna’s Family Restaurant.
• Niles Kiwanis — noon, Hometown Buffet.
• HARTFORD PARK COMMITTEE will meet 8 p.m. today at township hall.
• HOWLAND TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES have rescheduled their meeting to 4:30 p.m. today at township administration building for swearing-in of police Chief Nick Roberts.
• HOWLAND ZONING COMMISSION will meet 5 p.m. today at the township administration building.
• TRUMBULL COUNTY COMMISSIONERS will hold a public hearing 11 a.m. today at the commissioners’ hearing room on vacating a road at South Broadway and East Chute Street in Weathersfield.
• TRUMBULL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY Executive Board will meet 4 p.m. today at the 640 N. River Road, NW, Warren.
• MCDONALD COUNCIL has rescheduled their meeting to 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the village municipal building.
Items for the agenda must be submitted at least two days prior to the meeting date.