TAG head speaks at Vienna event
TASK FORCE SPEAKER: Jeff Orr, commander of Trumbull-Ashtabula Group Task Force, will be the guest speaker 7 p.m. Monday at the Vienna Township Neighborhood Watch at the township hall, 848 Youngstown-Kingsville Road.
HOLIDAY SHOP-A-THON: Brookfield United Methodist Church, 6951 Grove St., will hold the ninth annual craft and vendor holiday shop-a-thon 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. There will be more than 30 local vendors and crafters, a Chinese auction and raffles.
FALL CLEANUP: Fall cleanup will be held Tuesday at Pineview Memorial Park in Warren. All vases will be emptied and turned down for the winter months. Anyone wishing to keep arrangements should retrieve them before Tuesday. All remaining items will be discarded. Winter decorations can be placed once cleanup has been completed. Call 330-369-3186.
THANKSGIVING GATHERING: A community Thanksgivig gathering will be 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday at STEAM Academy, 261 Elm Road NW, Warren. There will be free food, music, guest chefs and entertainment.
OPEN HOUSE: A Dying Art Company, Legacy Dog Rescue and DogSmartz Unleashed are inviting the public to the DogSmartz Unleashed Giving Thanks open house 3 to 5 p.m. Saturday. Those attending can bring a pet food item for donation to the Youngstown Pet Food Drive to help kick off the collection with drop off sites at Dar’s Dirty Dogs in Canfield, Om Yoga in Hubbard, Warren Harley Davidson in Warren and Dogsmartz Unleashed in Poland. All collection proceeds will benefit Legacy Dog Rescue and their rescue efforts in the Valley.
Contact Kate, at ADyingArtCoLtd@gmail.com or 330-980-0759 or join us online at: http://www.adyingartcompanyltd.com/pet-food-drive
TMM BENEFIT NIGHT: Trumbull Mobile Meals will host their 10th annual Premier Gala Benefit Night at 6 p.m. Saturday at St. Demetrios Community Center on Atlantic Street in Warren. The evening will consist of a Chinese auction, a Queen of Hearts contest, food and music by the Top Notes. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit the website at www.trumbullmobilemeals.org or call the TMM office at 330-394-2538.
FOUNDERS DAY: Girard Historical Society will hold a Founders Day luncheon 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Mark’s Orthodox Church, 3560 Logan Way, Liberty. The program is on historic theaters in Mahoning Valley presented by Sean Posey, a freelance writer, photographer, and historian. He is the author of the book ”Lost Youngstown.” He will discuss the Girard Theater in the city’s downtown. There will be a basket raffle, 50-50 for a homemade quilt to be raffled at the Girard Barnhisel House during the holiday open houses 1 to 5p.m. on Thanksgiving weekend and the two first weekends in December. For information call 330-539-1032.
• NAR-ANON, a 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs, 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE. Bill 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. Call 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Reformers Unanimous — a Christ-centered addiction abstinence program, 7 p.m., 2111 Sodom Hutchings Road, Vienna. 330-509-0001 or 330-720-2463
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• The Survivors Group — open discussion, 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles-Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group, 4 p.m., The Sahara Club ll, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity, 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St. Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Warren-Trumbull County NAACP — 11 a.m., ACOP Building, 2051 Niles Road, Warren. 330-394-5942.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren-Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery– 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Warren Toastmaster Club — 9 a.m., Christ Church Episcopal, 2627 Atlantic St. N. E., Warren. Ken, 330-373-6113.
• TOPS 2213 –weigh in 9 a..m., meeting 10 a.m. Imperial Nursing Home, Room 309, 4121 Tod N. W., Warren. Call Susan, 330-978-9751.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 S. High St., Cortland.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.
• The Youngstown Magic Club presents its Night of Comedy & Magic Saturday at the LaBrae High School Auditorium, 1001 N. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg, featuring comedian and magician Jeff Hobson and ventriloquist Ken Groves. Tickets can be purchased by calling 330-883-0513 or 330-307-4928. Members of the Youngstown Magic Club will be performing strolling and close-up magic prior to the show from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. The stage show starts at 7:30 p.m.