Mission to help local homeless
HOMELESSNESS AWARENESS WEEK: The Warren Family Mission is marking ”National Homelessness Awareness Week” today through Nov. 20. The mission helps local homeless people with donation of items helping to meet their needs. For information, call 330-394-5437 or visit www.warrenfamilymission.com
ELECTION DAY BAKE SALE: Temple El Emeth Sisterhood will host an Election Day bake sale starting 6:30 a.m. today at Liberty Township Administration Building,
DANCE PARTY: The Youngstown State University Ballroom Dance Club will presents a “Danza de la Noche” Party and Dance with a Latin theme, 8 to 11 p.m. Thursday at Kuzman;s Lounge,1025 S. State St., Girard. There will be a dance contest open to all in attendance. Those attending must be 18 or older.
For information call 330-545-8521 or 330-545-8995, or email@example.com or www.usadance2015.com.
CPR CLASS: Hubbard Public Library will offer a CPR class 4 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. The class utilizes videos and mannequin and defibilators. To register call 330-719-9119. Participants are to be sixth grade or older.
TMM BENEFIT NIGHT: Trumbull Mobile Meals will hold its premiere gala benefit night 6 p.m. Nov. 12 at St. Demetrios Community Center, 3223 Atlantic St., Warren. Music by the Top Notes. There will be a Chinese auction, baskets and Queen of Hearts. The event is being hosted by the Trumbull County Medical Society Alliance. For tickets or information, visit www.trumbullmobilemeals.org
RUNAWAY PREVENTION MONTH: Daybreak Youth Crisis Center, a service of COMPASS, is a youth crisis shelter available in the Mahoning Valley. Employees will wear green on Wednesday and ask the community to also wear green in support of National Runaway Prevention Month . The center is a community-based, 10-bed shelter providing a comprehensive safe haven as well as crisis counseling services to runaway, “throwaway” or otherwise homeless youth from ages 11 to 18. The theme of National Runaway Prevention Month 2016 is “Friends Helping Friends.”Information can be reached by calling 1(800) RUNAWAY or locally at 330-782-2397. Calls are anonymous.
• Purple Heart meeting — 7 p.m., D.A.V. on U.S. Route 422.
• Lupus Support Group — 7 p.m. Trumbull Memorial Hospital, Conference Room B, 1350 E. Market St., Warren.
• Mosquito Creek Woodcarvers — 7 p.m. Lake Vista Clubhouse, Cortland. 330-442-9669.
• Tuesday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Hospital Warren Room, Eastland Avenue, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 12-step faith-based program, 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. N.W., Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 220 W. Market St., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon –9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. N.W., 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Recovery 101 — 6 p.m., The Movement, East Market Street, Warren. Chaplain Bob Ross at 330-553-2644, or Chaplain Rodger Crites at 330-360-7928.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Historic Perkins Homestead Neighborhood Association — 6:30 p.m., Washington Square Healthcare Center on Washington N.W., Warren. Call 330-507-8831 or 330-392-0863.
• Youngstown Area Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays — 6:30 p.m., St. John Episcopal Church, 323 Wick St., Youngstown. Call 330-747-2696 or email Pflagy@gay.com.
• Ladies Auxiliary Unit 700 — 6:15 p.m. Howland American Legion Post 700, 8273 High St. N.E.,
• SOAR Chapter 28-4, American Welding Retirees Local 1574 — 10:30 a.m. at USW, 1375 Union Hall, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• NAMI Family Support Groups, 7 p.m., D&E Center, 142 Javit Court, Austintown. Call 330-531-7490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Minute by Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion, First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.
• Youngstown Area Parents, Friends and Families of Lesbians and Gays meets 6:30 p.m., St. John’s Episcopal Church, 323 Wick Ave., Youngstown.