• Baby Bugs for children 6 to 36 months and their caregivers meets 11:15 a.m. Wednesdays. The program features short stories, music and interactive activities. Registration is required.
• Kindergarten Ready, 11:15 a.m. Mondays, is for children entering kindergarten in the fall of 2017. Activities will strengthen skills such as letter recognition and cutting with scissors. Registration is required.
• Story Time, for ages 2 1/2 to 5 years, is 11:15 a.m. Tuesdays, with stories, games and music. Registration is required.
• Storybook Art is for children ages 2 1/2 to 5 to learn about artists and art styles in storybooks and create their own projects. Registration required.
• Boredom Busters, 4:30 p.m. Thursdays, for grades 4 through 8, explores topics from science to poetry to inventing. Registration is required.
• Mini Makerspace is for students in kindergarten to sixth grade to create cool projects 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Follow the library’s instructions or use your own plans and make it your way. Registration is required.
• You don’t have to be a teen to enjoy YA books. Are you a middle school or high school teacher or librarian? Or just an adult with an appreciation for young adult literature? Join the library 6 p.m. the third Thursday of every month to talk about some excellent young adult books. On Nov. 17, the group will discuss “Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock” by Matthew Quick.
The doctor will be in the house — the library house, that is, starting at 6 p.m. Wednesday. Join Dr. Matthew Stonestreet, orthopedic surgeon with ValleyCare Health Systems, for up-to-date information on arthritis and joint pain. Be sure to bring questions concerning therapy, medication, and minimally invasive hip and knee replacements. Call 1-800-679-3606 to reserve a seat.