Italian heritage of Valley to be noted
TRUMBULL COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY SPEAKER SERIES: The Trumbull County Historical Society will hold an open house 2 p.m. Sunday at the John Stark Edwards House, 303 Monroe St., Warren. The program is ”Italian-Americans of the Greater Mahoning Valley,” presented by and with book signing by authors Donna DelBlasio and Martha Pallante.
Tours of the home will follow from 3 to 5 p.m. Admission is free. Call 330-394-4653 TrumbullCountyHistory.org for information.
LUNCHEON CANCELED: A planned Thanksgiving luncheon for servicemen, veterans and families to be hosted by Women of the Moose Chapter 113 that was scheduled for Nov. 12 has been canceled.
CHRISTMAS WALK: The James A. Garfield Historical Society of Garrettsville is sponsoring the area’s original Christmas Walk from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday and Nov. 11 and 12 and 12:30 to 5 p.m. Sunday and Nov. 13. Four Garrettsville homes will be on the tour.
For information, call 330-842-2822.
ROBOTICS BOOSTERS FUNDRAISER: The Hubbard High School Robotics Team Boosters will host a Punch and Paint fundraiser 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at Hubard VFW. The painting is a holiday snowman, with the snowman spelling out Ohio.
Call 330-503-5412 for tickets.
CRAFTS AT CHURCH: Central Christian Church, 2051 E. Market St., Warren, will hold its third annual craft show from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. There also will be food available for lunch. Proceeds from raffle baskets and table rentals go toward the church renovation fund.
Call 330-372-1676 for information.
MILITARY FAMILY SEMINAR: Lutheran Military Veterans and Families will hold a seminar on “Binding the Wounds of War” 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday at Redeemer Lutheran Church, Canfield Niles Road, Austintown. The event is for those who want to help veterans and their families make a healthy transition back home.
All money goes to the Lutheran Military Veterans and Families Ministries. Call 330-799-2511 for more information.
PASTORAL CELEBRATION: The Monument of Faith Church of God In Christ, 2165 Highland Ave., Warren, will honor Bishop David L. Herron Sr. and Elect Lady Brenda Herron, Prelate, Ohio Central East, in their 27th Pastoral Celebration 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 10:15 and 4 p.m. Sunday. Guest will be KJuan Ali Patterson.
FALL BANQUET: The Champion Historical Society will hold its fall banquet 6 p.m. Thursday at Champion Presbyterian Church. The society will provide the main meat dish, dessert and beverage. Attendees are asked to bring a covered dish.
The society asks that attendees bring an item of historical interest to share with the group. After the honor ceremony, display tables will be available so attendees may view and discuss items in an informal “History Show and Tell.” For information, call 330-979-3739.
The society is a member of the Champion Pride Council. Those attending can bring a canned or boxed good for the winter food drive.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center. 3217 Surrey Road. Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. Call 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group – 1 p.m., Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administrative Bldg., 375 Boardman Poland Road, Youngstown. Call 330-759-9487.
• Austintown Never Alone NarAnon Group, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs — 7 p.m., upstairs at the Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown. Call 330 207-0845.
• Champion Knights of Columbus Council 7491 — 7 p.m., St. William Rectory Office, 5431 Mahoning Ave.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Alzheimer Assistance and Referral Network Support Group — 10 a.m., Easter Seals, 155 S. Park Ave.330-788-9755 or 866-822-2102.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — weigh-in, 9:15 a.m., Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5.
∫ TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St.
∫ Niles Kiwanis — noon, Hometown Buffet.