Hospital shop holds open house
AUXILIARY OPEN HOUSE: St. Joseph Hospital Warren Auxiliary is hosting a Christmas open house Monday at the Silver Bow Gift Shop, 667 Eastland Ave., Warren. Santa will be there for the children and refreshments will be available, along with free gift wrapping. Proceeds benefit the St. Joseph Health Center Auxiliary, which assists various programs, patients and projects of Mercy Health St. Joseph Warren Hospital.
MISSION NEEDS ITEMS: The Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave., Warren, is in need of donations of turkeys, stuffing, instant potatoes, rolls, pies, and other food for the community Thanksgiving dinner set for noon to 4 p.m. Wednesday. Items can be dropped off at the mission. For information call 330-394-5437.
READING PROGRAM AT LIBRARY: The Howland Library Branch will hold ”Reading and other forms of Art”; 2 p.m. Saturday at the Howland Butler Art Museum, 9350 East Market St.. The library and the Butler Institute of American Art offer a blend of art and books during this interactive family program. A children’s librarian will present stories, and an art educator from the Butler will present a companion craft. The program is for children ages 5 to 10 with an accompanying adult. Call 330-856-2011 for more information.
MANAGING FALLS CLASS: ”A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns of Falls” is designed to help older adults manage falls and increase their activity levels. Classes are being held 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through Dec. 8 at the Liberty Township administration building with the exception of Thanksgiving Day. The free program is sponsored by the Girard Multigenerational Center and Liberty Trustee Jodi Stoyak.For information call 330-545-6596.
CRAFT SHOW: Shepherd of the Valley, 1500 McKinley Ave., Niles, will host their annual craft show 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today.. The event is free and open to the public. All proceeds will go to the Niles activity department to help fund special events for the residents.
CLOTHING DROP-OFF SITE: A used clothing dropoff shed sponsored by the Leavittsburg Heritage Museum, 4901 W. Market St., has been set up for all clothing, shoes, sneakers, belts, purses, blankets, sheets, pillowcases, drapes and stuffed toys. Items not accepted are rasgs, fabric, scraps, pillows, toys or household items. The clothing donated will be used around the world. People can receive a tax deduction for their donation.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• NAR-ANON, a 12 step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs, 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren. For more information call Bill at 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. Call 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Reformers Unanimous — a Christ-centered addiction abstinence program, 7 p.m., 2111 Sodom Hutchings Road, Vienna. 330-509-0001 or 330-720-2463
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Youngstown Area Tropical Fish Society — 7:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Mineral Ridge, 3654 Main St. Speakers offered. 330-638-4839 or www.yatfs.com.
• The Survivors Group — open discussion, 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles-Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group, 4p.m., The Sahara Club ll, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity, 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St. Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Clothing giveaway — 9 a.m., Lake Milton Church of Christ, Milton Avenue.
• Parent Support Group — 11 a.m., Heart Reach Ministries, 211 Redondo Road, Youngstown. 330-330-2916.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren-Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery– 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• TOPS 2213 –weigh in 9 a..m., meeting 10 a.m. Imperial Nursing Home, Room 309, 4121 Tod N.W., Warren. Call Susan, 330-978-9751.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 S. High St., Cortland.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.
• Vienna Grange 1537 — noon, Copper Penny Lodge Hall, Vienna.