District to show Yellowstone film
MOVIE NIGHT: The Trumbull Soil and Water Conservation District will hold a movie night 6:30 p.m. Friday at Trumbull County Agriculture and Family Education Center, 520 W. Main St., Cortland. The National Park Service turns 100 years old in 2016, with a documentary to be shown on Yellowstone National Park. The evening features an introduction by Charles Sager, OSU Extension Master Gardener and Yellowstone adventurer. The program is free. In honor of Veterans Day, admission to all national parks is free Friday. Light refreshments will be provided, and the movie night program is open to all ages. For information or to RSVP, contact Amy at email@example.com or 330-637-2056, option 3.
PROJECT COLLECTING PEANUT BUTTER: The Little Dresses for Haiti project is sponsoring a peanut butter collection Sunday at Corner House Church, 6954 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard. Monetary donations and jars of peanut butter will be accepted. Items will be collected 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday to Friday. Call Avis at 330-534-7629.
YOUNGSTOWN AREA WEAVERS GUILD: The Youngstown Area Weavers Guild will meet 10 a.m. today at the Canfield Colonial Inn on the Canfield Fairgrounds. The meeting will be on saori weaving (free-form weaving). A demonstration of the technique will be given by Sheila Colaric. Over the winter, a piece of saori weaving is to be woven on any loom to the dimensions given. At the March meeting, the group will make tote bags from fabric. Bring lunch, mug, and show and tell. Visitors are welcome. Call 330-799-5836 or 330-534-9524.
ENROLLMENT MEETING: Hannah E. Mullins School of Practical Nursing will hold an enrollment information meeting 10 a.m. Thursday for the March 2017 class in the Kent State City Center building, 230 N. Lincoln Ave, Salem. For information, call 330-332-8940 or www.hemspn.com
HOLIDAY SIGNUPS: Holiday signups for Thanksgiving are being held at the Emmanuel Care Center in Girard through Friday. Families who are registered at the center and wish to receive assistance must call 330-545-4301. Pickup of baskets will be 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 22. Anyone wishing to donate food items can call 330-545-4301 and deliver them by Nov. 16.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org, or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Cancer Caregiver Support Group Trumbull County — 6 to 8 p.m. St. Mary’s Church, 3504 Main St., Mineral Ridge. Call Joyce at 330-652-0071.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road. Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
Send items to Seeing Eye, Tribune Chronicle, 240 Franklin St. SE, Warren, OH 44483.