Township to host ghost walk
WEATHERSFIELD HOSTS GHOST WALK: Weathersfield Township will host a Historic Ghost Walk from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at the community park off state Route 46. The event will include historical information about the community, a ghost story, free movie and food.
SOCIETY TO MEET: Mineral Ridge Historical Society will meet 6 p.m. Thursday at the Seaborn Elementary School library.
ASSOCIATION COLLECTS ITEMS: The John F. Kennedy Alumni Association along with the class of 2020 and Mrs. Roscoe’s class of 2028 will collect items for Trumbull Mobile Meals. There will be drop-off locations at both the upper and lower campus of JFK in Warren through Friday.
CHILI COOKOFF SET: A chili cookoff will be held 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday at VFW Hall, 710 W. Liberty St., Hubbard, There will be local celebrity judges, silent auction, Chinese auction, raffle and music. Register at 330-360-5100.
Proceeds will benefit the Drop in a Bucket Foundation.
YWCA PLANS CELEBRATION: The YWCA of Warren will hold its centennial celebration 6 p.m. Thursday at Packard Music Hall in Warren. The organization is marking 100 years of providing program and services to advocate for a world where women and girls and empowered and racism no longer exits.
For tickets and information, call 330-373-1010.
GROUP SETS MEETINGS: Gamblers Anonymous, a 12-step fellowship of compulsive gamblers who want to recover from their gambling addictions, will meet twice each week in the Youngstown-Warren area.
A GA meeting is held every Friday at Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman, and another is held every Sunday at Christ Church Presbyterian, 3425 Hopkins Road, Cornersburg. Both meetings begin at 7:30 p.m. and last about two hours.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Write to Recover — 10 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren. A 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Call Bill, 330 856-3822.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; email firstname.lastname@example.org; mail or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.