KINSMAN FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY
• Donations for the Fall Book Sale are being accepted throughout today during regular library hours. Items should be in good, clean condition for children, teens and adults.
Books, paperbacks, movies, music, graphic novels and comics will be accepted. The library cannot accept magazines, Reader’s Digest Condensed Books or encyclopedias.
Call the library or go to the website for more information.
NEWTON FALLS PUBLIC LIBRARY
• Today is the annual Harvest Celebration featuring fun, refreshments and a costume parade and contest. Dr. Insecta’s Incredible Unforgettable Bug Lab Experience show begins at 11 a.m. Free tickets are available at the library.
• Baby Bugs for children 6 to 36 months and their caregivers meets 11:15 am. Wednesdays. Registration is required.
• Kindergarten Ready, 11:15 a.m. Mondays, is for children entering kindergarten in the fall of 2017. Activities will strengthen skills such as letter recognition and cutting with scissors. Registration is required.
• Story Time, for ages 2 1/2 to 5 years, is 11:15 a.m. Tuesdays, with stories, games and music. Registration is required.
• Storybook Art is for children ages 2 1/2 to 5 to learn about artists and art styles in storybooks and create their own projects. Registration required.
• Boredom Busters, 4:30 p.m. Thursdays, for grades 4 through 8, explores topics from science to poetry to inventing. Registration is required.
• Book discussion, 6 p.m. Nov. 3. The book to be discussed will be “The Martian” by Andy Weir. Refreshments will be provided. It isn’t necessary to finish the book to attend.
• The Masterpiece Book and Film Club meets 12:30 to 2 p.m. the first Monday of the month. On Nov. 7, a discussion will be held on “Arthur and George” by Julian Barnes. Request a copy through interlibrary loan.