DV task force hosts discussion
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TASK FORCE: The Trumbull County Domestic Violence Task Force will host a round table 8:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday at DiVieste’s, 754 N. River Road, NW, Warren, with the theme ”Trumbull County’s Response to Domestic Violence.” Various speakers in counseling, social work, psychology, health care and education will participate. For information, call Marjorie Dangaran at 330-399-6270 or Nicole Cuthbertson at Someplace Safe at 330-393-3003 Ext. 102
TASTE OF CORTLAND: The second annual ”Taste of Cortland” fundraiser will be held 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Country Porch Winery, 2282 Wilson Sharpsville Road. For information and tickets call 330-442-1835 or stop at city hall. A number of Cortland area restaurants and establishments will be on hand featuring a variety of their specialties. Proceeds benefit the Cortland Splash Pad and Pearl Park.
ST. JOE PUMPKINS: St. Joseph Warren Hospital, Eastland Avenue, Warren, will hold its annual pumpkin decorating contest in conjunction with Trumbull United Way. The judging will take place Wednesday with pumpkins to be displayed in the main lobby from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to noon Friday.
BLOCKWATCH TO MEET: Girard Second Ward blockwatch will be 6 p.m. Thursday at Girard Free Library.
TRUNK OR TREAT: Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave NW, Warren, will hold a Trunk or Treat 6 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
HOWLAND LIMP PICKUP: Howland Township is holding a limb and branch pickup today through Oct. 28 for streets and areas east of Mosquito Creek. One pass will be made on each street. Residents are asked to place branches at curbside. No firewood, large logs or complete trees will be accepted. All streets off and including North Road will have a collection Nov. 7-18.
AWANA CLUB TO MEET: ”Because Kids Matter to God” is the theme of the AWANA Children’s Ministry program held at Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave. NW, Warren. AWANA programs are held the first and third Tuesdays of each month at the church with a free meal 6 p.m., followed by the program led by church members and volunteers. For information, call 395-5231.
• Tuesday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Hospital Warren Room, Eastland Avenue, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 12-step faith-based program, 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305. Call 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard. Call 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St. Call 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 220 W. Market St., Warren. Call 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Recovery 101 — 6 p.m., The Movement, E. Market Street, Warren. Call Chaplain Bob Ross at 330-553-2644 or Chaplain Rodger Crites at 330-360-7928.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• American Legion Riders — 6:15 p.m., 700 (motorcycle club), Howland American Legion Post 700, 8273 High St. NE.
• Alzheimer Assistance and Referral Network Support Group — 6 p.m., Girard Public Library, 105 E. Prospect St.
• Minute by Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion, First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.
• Parents of Murdered Children meeting, 6 p.m. Girard municipal building. Call 330-219-2438.