City hall to get new logo sign
DEDICATION PLANNED IN CORTLAND: The Cortland Community Beautification Association and the Hutton family will present a gift to the city at 3 p.m. today at Cortland city hall. The donation is a city logo sign to be mounted outside city hall. A reception will follow the dedication.
TRUNK OR TREAT: Grace AME Church, 1137 Main Ave. SW, Warren, is hosting a Trunk or Treat 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot of the church. Candy givers are to arrive at 1:30 p.m. It will be inside if it rains.
MUSEUM SHOWS NEW EXHIBIT: The Sutliff Museum, located on the second floor of the Warren-Trumbull County Public, 444 Mahoning Ave., has a new exhibit, ”A Stitch in Time: Early to Mid-20th Century Sewing and Crocheting.” The exhibit features two early Singer sewing machines, including a mini 20-10 Singer, 1940s women’s and children’s Simplicity patterns, early 20th-century decorative scissors, and various how-to books on sewing and crocheting. Museum hours are 2 to 4 p.m. Wednesday to Saturday. For information, visit www.sutliffmuseum.org or call 330-395-6575.
FUN FEST: Champion Estates Assisted Living off Windsor Place in Champion will hold a Frightening Fun Fest 6 p.m. today that is open to the public.
SOCIETY PLANS FOUNDERS DAY: Girard Historical Society will hold its Founders Day luncheon 11 a.m. Nov. 12 at St. Mark’s Orthodox Church, 3560 Logan Way, Liberty. There will be a benefit drawing, silent auction and 50-50 raffle. Tickets are needed by Friday at 330-539-1032 or 330-539-4695.
WINE TASTE FUNDRAISER: A holiday wine taste to benefit the Animal Welfare League 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the Ski Chalet, 1041 Youngstown Warren Road, Niles. There will be a raffle and food.
FASHION SHOW PLANNED: Tod’s Crossing, 1330 Blakely Circle, Warren, will hold a fashion show 1 to 4 p.m. Friday in the center community room.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. Call 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Austintown Never Alone NarAnon Group, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Meets every Wednesday 7 pm, upstairs at the Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown, OH 44515. For information, call 330 207-0845.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Mended Hearts Support Group — 7 p.m., Finnegan Auditorium, St. Elizabeth Health Center. Call 330-793-2531.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — weigh-in, 9:15 a.m., Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St.
• Niles Kiwanis — noon, Hometown Buffet.
Anyone with an item for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; submit it to the Virtual Newsroom at www.tribtoday.com; email email@example.com or mail to or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.