• CHAMBER TO HOST CORDRAY: The Regional Chamber will welcome Democratic gubernatorial candidate Richard Cordray to its Lattes and Legislators series from 8:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Sept. 21 at YBI Tech Block Building No. 5. Register on the Regional Chamber’s website at regionalchamber.com.
• MERCY HEALTH RESIDENCY PROGRAM WINS AWARD: Mercy Health-Youngstown’s internal medicine residency program has been awarded the American College of Physicians gold medal award for the second consecutive year. The gold medal signifies that the residency program is the best in the state based on the number of abstracts accepted for presentation.
• NONPROFIT TO HELP JOB SEEKERS: The Taft Promise Neighborhood will hold classes to assist job-seekers ahead of the TPN job opportunities fair to be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 20 at the Organizacion Civica y Cultural Hispana Americana at 3660 Shirley Road in Youngstown. The basic computer skills class will be taught from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 10 at Taft School, with soft skills being taught from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. A resume program will take place at 6 p.m. Sept. 17 at Taft School.
• EXHIBIT LOOKS AT PIPEMAKING: Youngstown State University’s steel museum is the site of a new exhibit on pipemaking called “Seamless Tradition.” The exhibit traces local pipemaking history up to Vallourec’s 2013 startup. The company operates two Youngstown facilities and employs about 750 people.
• SHOP TO HOLD SAFETY DAY: Stocker’s Shop Inc., 5199 Mahoning Ave., Warren, will host a family firearm awareness and safety day from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 15 at the store. A variety of vendors will be on hand to display products and answer questions.
• FARMERS RECOGNIZED AS TOPS IN OHIO: Farmers National Bank was recently named the top performing bank in Ohio and the 30th top performing bank in the country. The ranking is based on the bank’s profitability, capital security and asset quality. The Canfield-based bank has offices in northeast Ohio and western Pennsylvania.
• VOLPINI RECOGNIZES TOP PERFORMERS: Real Living Volpini Realty Group recently named its top agents from August. Patty Helmick led with five listings, and Nancy Mesmer and Helmick each had two sales.