• LIBERTY TAX TO OFFER FREE CLASSES: The Leavittsburg location of Liberty Tax Service, 2919 state Route 5, is offering a 10-week, tuition-free course for tax preparers and self-filers to understand the new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Registration is open now for the course, which will begin Sept. 19 and end Nov. 29.
• PRIMA HEALTHCARE TO JOIN MERCY HEALTH: Prima Healthcare, an independent physician practice, is now part of Mercy Health-Youngstown. The move expands Mercy Health-Youngstown’s primary care network, which is the largest in the Mahoning Valley.
• SHEELY’S ANNOUNCES THREE ADDITIONS: Sheely’s Furniture has announced that Dale Sheely Jr. and Sherry Sheeley will leave the business after 66 years. New owners Jessica Smith, buyer, general manager Jeff Curry, and Lance Romeo, buyer, will continue to operate the company.
• CHAMBER TO HOLD SALUTE TO BUSINESS: The Regional Chamber will welcome Linda McMahon, administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration, to its annual Salute to Business from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. Thursday at Mr. Anthony’s. Chamber members may purchase tickets for $30 on the Regional Chamber’s website, while prospective members can purchase tickets for $40.
• STEVENS TEAM SWITCHING PLACES: Cheryl Stevens and Sam Magiassos of Stevens and Associates Real Estate will be switching roles at their firm. Cheryl Stevens took over the business in 2008 and has since worked in management. Magiassos has been an agent at the firm for almost nine years. The two will now exchange roles, with Stevens focusing on sales and Magiassos serving in a management capacity.
• LEVIN TO OPEN AREA STORES: Levin Furniture will open its Boardman showroom with free grand-opening events from Aug. 31 to Sept. 2. The store will be located in the former Goldsteins Furniture building. Stores in Hermitage and Niles are planned to open in September and October, respectively.
Send submissions for Business Briefs, People on the Move or New Business notices to firstname.lastname@example.org.