RETIREES TO MEET: Howland Schools Retirees will meet 11 a.m. Tuesday at Enzo’s Restaurant in Warren.
Cost of the lunch is payable at the door. There will be a collection of school supplies for the children at Someplace Safe. Shampoo, body wash and other personal care products for both women and the children are needed.
For information about the group or to share news of interest, call Mary at 330-856-5226.
PERI MEETING: Public Employee Retires Inc., Trumbull County Chapter 56, will meet at 11:15 a.m. Wednesday at DiLucia’s Restaurant, 2610 Elm Road NE, Warren. Speaker will be Steve Toth, OPERS Board retiree representative.
Reservations are a must by Sunday by calling Barb at 330-372-2603, Janet at 330-469-6753 or Virginia at 330-898-3625.
ANGELS NEEDED: Guardian Angels of Trumbull County, a volunteer program of the Trumbull County Probate Court, is looking for volunteers. Angel volunteers receive training to become advocates who reach out as friends to seniors who may need a phone call, a visit in a nursing home or a visit at home. Angels are also involved in planning special events for seniors.
The next meeting is 5 p.m. Tuesday at Shepherd of the Valley, 4100 North River Road, Howland. For information, call 330-675-2521 or go to www.trumbullprobate.org.
CENTER WELCOMES SPEAKER: The Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, Cortland, will host a program with U.S. Postal Inspector Sean Brogan 11:30 a.m. Aug. 17 on identity theft and tips to protect oneself from illegal telemarketing and mail fraud schemes.
Call the center by Aug. 14 to reserve a space, 330-924-0412.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 125 N. Bank St., noon Monday through Friday; 330-637-3010
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday; 330-545-5350
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday; 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday; 330-924-0412
• Lordstown SCOPE, 1776 Salt Springs Road, 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday; 330-824-2173
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday; 330-399-8846
• West Farmington Senior Center, 151 College St., noon Tuesday through Friday (except third Tuesday of every month); 330-889-2733
The menu is:
TODAY: Roast beef with gravy, wheat bread, whipped potatoes, mixed vegetables, pineapple tidbits;
MONDAY: Chicken cordon bleu sandwich, Parmesan potatoes, carrots, Mandarin oranges, mini muffin;
TUESDAY: Barbecue pulled pork, sandwich roll, baked beans, summer corn, seasonal fruit, gelatin;
WEDNESDAY: Cold chicken Cobb salad, wheat bread, mixed greens with ranch dressing, cucumbers, tomatoes, peaches, orange dream cake;
THURSDAY: Baked haddock with wine sauce over confetti rice, dinner roll, broccoli, cauliflower, mixed fruit, cookie;
AUG. 10: Meatballs and sauce, stuffed shell with sauce, Italian bread, Italian green beans, Ceasar salad with dressing, applesauce, ice cream.
SCOPE RIDES: SCOPE and the Trumbull County Transit Board provide seniors 60 and older free rides to and from the centers 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekends and holidays. Call the center directly three days in advance of the desired trip.
TMM NEEDS VOLUNTEERS: Trumbull Mobile Meals needs volunteers to help deliver meals. Call Terri Dean at Trumbull Mobile Meals at 330-394-2538.
McDONALD COMMUNITY ROOM: 500 Ohio Ave., open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday. 330-288-0015.
VAN HUFFEL, VANEX MEET: Former Van Huffel and Vanex Tube employees meet 8 a.m. Fridays at Wayside Restaurant, 825 State Road NW, Champion. For information, call 330-719-9781.
GIRARD MULTI-GENERATIONAL CENTER, 443 Trumbull Ave. For information, call 330-545-6596 or go to www.multigen.org. Coffee bar every morning, 8:30 to 11 a.m.
• Art class, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays with artist Kathryn Infante;
• Movies in the Parlor are 9:30 a.m. Thursdays;
• Walking the Block: 10 a.m. Tuesdays;
• Monthly Birthday Celebration: 9:15 a.m. Aug. 7. The Center will provide a special treat.
• 4th Ward Block Watch meeting, 5 p.m. Aug. 8. Bring a friend/neighbor;
• Facebook Security Class, 9:30 a.m. Aug. 14;
• The Center’s Licensed Social Worker, Christine Bridgens, offers assistance with Medicare, prescription assistance and many other senior citizen issues by appointment. Please call the Center to schedule your appointment.
SENIOR CENTER: Ohio Living Home Health and Hospice Senior Center, 1110 Fifth Ave., Youngstown, offers chair yoga 1 p.m. Fridays. Call 330-744-5071.
JOHNSTON SENIOR CENTER: 5922 Warren Road, Johnston, 330-924-0412. Open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The center offers chair yoga, chair massages, crafts, exercise, bingo, Pilates and other activities. Call the center for schedules.
HOWLAND SCOPE: 8273 High St., Howland. To register for one or more classes, call Howland SCOPE at 330-609-7806.
NILES SCOPE: 14 E. State St., Niles, 330-544-3676. Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday.
• KaleidoSCOPE Art Program, 1 to 3 p.m. Fridays;
• Bingo, card games, book discussion and Monday night cards — call the center for days and times.
WARREN SCOPE: 375 N. Park Ave., Warren, 330-399-8846. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday. Food pantry hours are 10 a.m. to noon Thursdays.
• Open Forum Book Club, 10 to 11 a.m. the last Wednesday of each month;
• We Are Off Our Rockers SCOPE parade team practice, noon Fridays.
CORTLAND SCOPE: 125 N. Bank St., Cortland, 330-637-3010, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays, except for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays. Bingo is Mondays at 12:30 p.m.
FOWLER-VIENNA SENIOR CITIZENS: The group meets 9:30 a.m. or later Thursdays at the Fowler Community Center. The center is for those 55 and older.
LORDSTOWN SCOPE: Rear of Lordstown Elementary School, 1776 Salt Springs Road, Lordstown, 330-824-2173. Open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
FARMINGTON SENIOR CENTER: 150 College St., Farmington. Open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 7 a.m. to noon Mondays. 330-889-2733.
CHAMPION SCOPE: 528 Educational Highway, Warren, 330-847-0503, Ext. 1638. Open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday.
AUSTINTOWN SENIOR CENTER: 100 Westchester Drive. Open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. 330-953-1416.
COUNTRY NEIGHBOR: Country Neighbor Community Center, 39 S. Maple St., Orwell, Mondays through Fridays. All proceeds benefit the services and programs of Country Neighbor. For reservations or information, call Melissa May, program coordinator, at 440-437-6311, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or log onto www.facebook.com/Country-Neighbor.