FREE HEALTH PROGRAMS: Healthy Eating for You, sponsored by Mercy Health Foundation Mahoning Valley and led by a registered dietitian, will be held 2 to 4 p.m. Jan. 23 at Howland Medical Center, 1932 Niles Cortland Road NE, Warren. This program will address portion size, reading and understanding nutrition labels, and learning to eat mindfully.
To register, call 330-480-3070.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals.
For information, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat.org/blog/intervention-101.
CIRCLE OF HOPE: Circle of Hope, a support group for those with mental health diagnosis, meets 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Monday of each month at Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave. NW, Warren.
For information, call 330-502-8103.
HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS: Crossroads Hospice and Palliative Care’s “Change Your Future” campaign is seeking volunteers for assisted living and nursing facilities. Volunteers read, play cards or music, do arts and crafts with patients, bring their pets, run errands and provide respite for family members.
For information, contact Ashley Green at 330-899-9100 or email@example.com or visit www.crossroadshospice.com/hospice-volunteering/hospice-volunteering/.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit www.vcprograms.net.
MVI HOSPICE CARE: Bereavement support groups are free to anyone who has lost a loved one, including a pet. Contact 330-759-9487 for information.
Sessions are 1 to 3 p.m. the third Wednesday at First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
WELLNESS CLINICS: Shepherd of the Valley is offering wellness clinics at each of its locations in Trumbull County. A nurse will check blood pressure and blood glucose levels.
Monthly clinics are 10 to 11 a.m. the second Wednesday at 1500 McKinley Ave., Niles, and the fourth Wednesday at 4100 North River Road, Howland.
For information, call 330-530-4041 or email mhoskins@shepherdofthevalley .com.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY: A Celebrate Recovery class is held 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4000 W. Market St., Leavittsburg.
Call 330-898-4295 for information.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults.
For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for schedule.
NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support and education to those dealing with serious mental illness. Support groups are as follows:
• Daytime Connections meeting — 2:30 p.m. Wednesdays, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown;
• Evening Connections meeting — 6 p.m. the second and fourth Thursdays of each month, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Youngstown;
• Evening Connections — 6 p.m. first and third Mondays of each month, Homes For Kids Building, 165 E. Park Ave., Niles.
Family Support Groups:
• Daytime Family Support Group — 11 a.m., first Thursday of each month, Girard Library, 105 Prospect St., Girard;
• Evening Family Support Group — 7 p.m., second Thursday of each month, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Youngstown.
For more information, call 330-727-9268 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
WELLNESS CENTER PROGRAMS: The Niles Wellness Center offers the following programs. To register, call the center at 330-349-9355 or email email@example.com or Lynda Briach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free SilverSneakers class for members — 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays;
• Yoga with Tricia — 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays. Mats provided;
• Spinning class — 6:30 p.m. Mondays; 7 p.m. Thursdays; 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays; and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays. Free for SilverSneakers and fitness members.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. 330-652-7542
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday;
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those with osteoporosis or low-bone density;
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise, SilverSneakers Cardio, Silver Sneakers Classic, Easy Yoga and Chair Yoga, Exercise Class for people with Parkinson’s, Zumba, Zumba Gold, SilverSneaker Balance class and Drums and Muscles workout class;
• Lab express — 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. Get a thyroid, prostate or diabetes screening. Walk-in; fee required.
• Free adult hearing screening — 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, by appointment;
• MH Prescription Drug Assistance — 8 a.m. to noon Jan. 30, to assist with drug company program guidelines;
• Free peripheral vascular disease screening — 1 to 4 p.m. Jan. 31, by appointment;
• Free notary public services and living wills and durable power of attorney for health care — 1 to 4 p.m. Jan. 31.