SENIORS FOR PLAY: Lordstown SCOPE is looking for seniors 55 and older who are interested in playing mahjong. Lessons will be available for beginners.
The center is also looking for card players for pinochle, hand and foot and euchre. A Mexican train dominos group is also being formed. Beginners are welcome.
Contact Marge Haley at 330-399-8846.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 125 N. Bank St., noon Monday through Friday; 330-637-3010
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday; 330-545-5350
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday; 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday; 330-924-0412
• Lordstown SCOPE, 1776 Salt Springs Road, 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday; 330-824-2173
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday; 330-399-8846
• West Farmington Senior Center, 151 College St., noon Tuesday through Friday (except third Tuesday of every month); 330-889-2733
The menu is:
TODAY: Cheese omelet, turkey-sausage, English muffin, breakfast potatoes, orange juice, peaches;
MONDAY: Southwest chicken wrap, black beans with roasted peppers, tossed salad with ranch dressing, applesauce, ice cream;
TUESDAY: Beef stroganoff with gravy over buttered bowties pasta, dinner roll, peas, carrots, Mandarin oranges, cookie;
WEDNESDAY: Cold turkey club junior sandwich, tomato and onion salad, potato salad, mixed fruit, ice cream;
THURSDAY: Stuffed cabbage with tomato sauce, Italian bread, garlic whipped potatoes, corn, pears, pudding;
AUG. 24: Pineapple glazed ham, wheat bread, whipped sweet potatoes, seasoned Brussels sprouts, pineapple tidbits, strawberry cake.
SCOPE RIDES: SCOPE and the Trumbull County Transit Board provide seniors 60 and older free rides to and from the centers 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekends and holidays. Call the center directly three days in advance of the desired trip.
SENIOR LUNCH: TCAP Senior lunch returns at noon Aug. 24 in the cafeteria at Warren West Community Center, 1230 Palmyra Road SW, Warren. Lunch is for seniors 55 and older.
TMM NEEDS VOLUNTEERS: Trumbull Mobile Meals, a community-based service agency dedicated to providing a home-delivered meal service to Trumbull County residents who are homebound, needs volunteers to help deliver meals.
TMM uses 45 to 50 volunteers per day to prepare, package and deliver meals to more than 200 individuals on a daily basis. People can volunteer as infrequently as once per month.
Call Terri Dean at Trumbull Mobile Meals at 330-394-2538.
McDONALD COMMUNITY ROOM: 500 Ohio Ave., open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday. 330-288-0015.
VAN HUFFEL, VANEX MEET: Former Van Huffel and Vanex Tube employees meet 8 a.m. Fridays at Wayside Restaurant, 825 State Road NW, Champion. For information, call 330-719-9781.
GIRARD MULTI-GENERATIONAL CENTER, 443 Trumbull Ave. For information, call 330-545-6596 or go to www.multigen.org. Coffee bar every morning, 8:30 to 11 a.m.
• Art class, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays with artist Kathryn Infante;
• Movies in the Parlor are 9:30 a.m. Thursdays;
• Walking the Block: 10 a.m. Tuesdays;
• The Center’s Licensed Social Worker, Christine Bridgens, offers assistance with Medicare, prescription assistance and many other senior citizen issues by appointment. Call the center to schedule an appointment.
SENIOR CENTER: Ohio Living Home Health and Hospice Senior Center, 1110 Fifth Ave., Youngstown, offers chair yoga 1 p.m. Fridays. Call 330-744-5071.
JOHNSTON SENIOR CENTER: 5922 Warren Road, Johnston, 330-924-0412. Open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The center offers chair yoga, chair massages, crafts, exercise, bingo, Pilates and other activities. Call the center for schedules.
HOWLAND SCOPE: 8273 High St., Howland. To register for one or more classes, call Howland SCOPE at 330-609-7806.
NILES SCOPE: 14 E. State St., Niles, 330-544-3676. Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday.
• KaleidoSCOPE Art Program, 1 to 3 p.m. Fridays;
• Bingo, card games, book discussion and Monday night cards — call the center for days and times.
WARREN SCOPE: 375 N. Park Ave., Warren, 330-399-8846. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday. Food pantry hours are 10 a.m. to noon Thursdays.
• Open Forum Book Club, 10 to 11 a.m. the last Wednesday of each month;
• We Are Off Our Rockers SCOPE parade team practice, noon Fridays.
CORTLAND SCOPE: 125 N. Bank St., Cortland, 330-637-3010, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays, except for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays. Bingo is Mondays at 12:30 p.m.
FOWLER-VIENNA SENIOR CITIZENS: The group meets 9:30 a.m. or later Thursdays at the Fowler Community Center. The center is for those 55 and older.
LORDSTOWN SCOPE: Rear of Lordstown Elementary School, 1776 Salt Springs Road, Lordstown, 330-824-2173. Open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
FARMINGTON SENIOR CENTER: 150 College St., Farmington. Open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 7 a.m. to noon Mondays. 330-889-2733.
CHAMPION SCOPE: 528 Educational Highway, Warren, 330-847-0503, Ext. 1638. Open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday.
AUSTINTOWN SENIOR CENTER: 100 Westchester Drive. Open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. 330-953-1416.
COUNTRY NEIGHBOR: Country Neighbor Community Center, 39 S. Maple St., Orwell, Mondays through Fridays. All proceeds benefit the services and programs of Country Neighbor. For reservations or information, call Melissa May, program coordinator, at 440-437-6311, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or log onto www.facebook.com/Country-Neighbor.