TCMH SCHEDULE: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board remaining meeting schedule for August is:
• ASAP Coalition, 9:30 a.m. today, TMHA first floor, Conference Room A.
RALLY FOR RECOVERY: The Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention’s (ASAP) sixth annual Rally for Recovery will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 8 at Eastwood Field in Niles.
A one-mile Recovery Walk is scheduled at 1 p.m. T-shirts will be given to everyone registered before Aug. 27 at www.eventbrite.com.
The event will feature music, educational materials, cornhole and other games, a selfie booth, auction, an addiction memorial and free lunch. Kids can play in the Fun Zone and meet Scrappy and Batman.
Anyone interested in becoming involved in ASAP or to request more information, call 330-675-2765, Ext. 119, or visit our website at www.trumbullmhrb.org.
GRIEFSHARE: GriefShare Fall 2018 group will begin 5 p.m. Aug. 26 at Life Church of God, Leavittsburg campus, 610 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg. The cost of GriefShare workbook is $20.
For more information and pre-registration, call the church at 330-898-1131; for more information about GriefShare or to register online go to www.griefshare.org.
HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS: Crossroads Hospice and Palliative Care’s “Change Your Future” campaign is seeking volunteers for assisted living and nursing facilities.
Volunteers read, play cards or music, or do arts and crafts with patients, bring their pets, or run errands and provide respite for family members.
For information, contact Ashley Green at 330-899-9100 or email@example.com or visit www.crossroadshospice.com/hospice-volunteering/hospice-volunteering/.
ADDICTION HELP: Addiction help is available through Coleman Access Center, 552 N. Park Ave., Warren. For information, call 330-392-1100 or 211.
QUIT SMOKING FOR FREE DIAPERS: The Baby & Me Tobacco Free Program at the Trumbull County Combined Health District offers pregnant women a free smoking cessation program and an opportunity to receive free diapers for up to one year after delivery. For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for a schedule.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit vcprograms.net.
WELLNESS CLINICS: Shepherd of the Valley is offering wellness clinics at each of its locations in Trumbull County. A nurse will check blood pressure and blood glucose levels.
The clinics are 10 to 11 a.m. the second Wednesdays monthly at 1500 McKinley Ave., Niles, and fourth Wednesdays at 4100 North River Road, Howland. For information, call 330-530-4041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY: Class is 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at the Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4000 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. Call 330-898-4295 for information.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
WELLNESS CENTER PROGRAMS: The Niles Wellness Center offers the following programs. To register, call the center at 330-349-9355 or email email@example.com or Lynda Briach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free SilverSneakers class for members — 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Yoga with Tricia — 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mats are provided;
• Spinning class — 6:30 p.m. Mondays, 7 p.m. Thursdays, 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays. Free for SilverSneakers and Fitness members.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. Phone 330-652-7542.
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday;
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those who have osteoporosis or low-bone density;
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise, SilverSneakers Cardio, Silver Sneakers Classic, Easy Yoga and Chair Yoga, Exercise Class for people with Parkinson’s, Zumba, Zumba Gold, SilverSneaker Balance class and Drums and Muscles workout class;
• Medicare Changes and What to Know, 12:30 p.m. Friday, with Kim Tonkovich, broker, speaking. Call to register. Lunch $2;
• Mercy Health Mobile Mammography bus will be at St. Joe’s at the Mall parking area from 1 to 2 p.m. Aug. 30. Mercy Health Mobile Mammography offers women screening mammograms in 15 minutes. Financial assistance is available. Call 330-480-2654 to schedule a visit.