PFLAG SUPPORT GROUP: Youngstown Area PFLAG will have its monthly support meeting 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. today at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 323 Wick Ave., Youngstown. Youngstown Area PFLAG (Parents, Families, Friends, and Allies) is a support, education and advocacy group United with LGBT People to move equality forward. Meetings are free and confidential. Directions and a map can be found at the chapter website: www.youngstownpflag.org.
FIBROMYALGIA SUPPORT: Fibromyalgia and / or Chronic Fatigue Support Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Aug 20 at the First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.
MATTER OF BALANCE: The Matter of Balance Class is designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. This is an eight-session class, 1 p.m. each Monday and Wednesday through Aug. 29 at the Liberty Township Administrative Building, 1315 Churchill Hubbard Road. There is no cost. Reservations can be made by calling the Girard Multi-Generational Center at 330-545-6596.
TCMH SCHEDULE: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board August meeting schedule is:
Monthly Meeting Calendar:
• Suicide Prevention Coalition, 3 p.m. today, Board Conference Room;
• FCFC Council Meeting, 8:30 a.m. Thursday, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A;
• Voices of Youth Committee, 1 p.m. Thursday, YWCA 375 N. Park Ave., Warren;
• ASAP Coalition, 9:30 a.m. Aug. 21, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A.
IMMUNIZATION CLINIC: The Warren Health District, 258 E. Market St., Warren, will hold child immunization clinics 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. Aug. 20. A special clinic day is set for 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesday.
All clinics are walk-ins with no appointment necessary. An updated shot record for each visit is required. A $21.25 administration fee is charged. Medicaid is accepted. Bring an insurance card. For information, call 330-841-2596.
HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS: Crossroads Hospice and Palliative Care’s “Change Your Future” campaign is seeking volunteers for assisted living and nursing facilities.
Volunteers read, play cards or music, or do arts and crafts with patients, bring their pets, or run errands and provide respite for family members.
For information, contact Ashley Green at 330-899-9100 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.crossroadshospice.com/hospice-volunteering/hospice-volunteering/.
ADDICTION HELP: Addiction help is available through Coleman Access Center, 552 N. Park Ave., Warren. For information, call 330-392-1100 or 211.
QUIT SMOKING FOR FREE DIAPERS: The Baby & Me Tobacco Free Program at the Trumbull County Combined Health District offers pregnant women a free smoking cessation program and an opportunity to receive free diapers for up to one year after delivery.
For information, call 330-675-2590, Extension 3.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit vcprograms.net.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for a schedule.
WELLNESS CLINICS: Shepherd of the Valley is offering wellness clinics at each of its locations in Trumbull County. Each site will provide a nurse to check blood pressure and blood glucose levels. The clinics are 10 to 11 a.m. the second Wednesdays monthly at 1500 McKinley Ave., Niles, and fourth Wednesdays at 4100 North River Road, Howland.
For information, call 330-530-4041 or email email@example.com.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY: Class is 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at the Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4000 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. Call 330-898-4295 for information.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, Extension 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
WELLNESS CENTER PROGRAMS: The Niles Wellness Center offers the following programs. To register, call the center at 330-349-9355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Lynda Briach at email@example.com.
• Free SilverSneakers class for members — 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Yoga with Tricia — 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mats are provided;
• Spinning class — 6:30 p.m. Mondays, 7 p.m. Thursdays, 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays. Free for SilverSneakers and Fitness members.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. Phone 330-652-7542.
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday;
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those who have osteoporosis or low-bone density;
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise, SilverSneakers Cardio, Silver Sneakers Classic, Easy Yoga and Chair Yoga, Exercise Class for people with Parkinson’s, Zumba, Zumba Gold, SilverSneaker Balance class and Drums and Muscles workout class;
• Talk with the Doc Program – Cramps in my legs and feet, 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. Wednesday. Dr. Shahzeem and Dr. Jiang will be speaking.Call to register. Light lunch available for fee.
• Free blood sugar screenings (8-hour fast), 8:30 to 11 a.m. Aug. 20.
• Medicare Changes and What to Know, 12:30 p.m. Aug. 24, with Kim Tonkovich, broker, speaking. Call to register. Lunch $2.